News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger SE control arm bushing ?

Started by green machine, July 05, 2016, 01:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

green machine

first of all I want to say thank God for guys like you people with a wealth of knowledge and experience. I hope you guys can steer me in the right direction. My dad bought new in 1973 Charger SE 400 cu, w 4 sp manual trans. He decided to hand it  down to me to complete the resto. So one of the first things I decided to do was to rebuild the front suspension and replace all the rubber bushings with poly urethane bushings. I ordered a set from Prothane and the upper control bushings as well s the lower does not fit, its too small and the bushings w outer shells just drops into the bushing bore. the inner sleeve that the pivot shafts slide ito is also too small. i decided to order a set from PST and also ordered a stock rubber bushing for the lower control arm. No success still too small. I ordered it specific to my dads 73 charger " B " body.Does anyone know whats going on with the parts ? or am I ordering the parts wrong ? one of my dads friend seems to think that it could be an " E " body change over in 73. Have you guys w 73 Chargers come across the problem ? Some advice would be appreciated. Thank you

redgum78

Welcome,  :cheers:

I did all the control arm bushes in my 73 a few months ago. All I did was ring up my guy (in Australia) and he sent me the correct set. In saying that I think 73/74 Charger are different to all preceding B bodies and E bodies.

The 73/74 Charger has rubber isolators that mount its front end to the chassis. The control arms are different to E and earlier B bodies. The adjustments are slots on the uca instead of cams.

Fairly sure the bushes are unique to 73/74 charger as well. If they are the same part number as the earlier B body or E body then I don't think they will fit. Sorry I can't help with a part number.....someone else might chip in.

redgum78