News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tail light panel vs. Grille support frame color

Started by timmycharger, June 17, 2016, 08:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

I am going to be painting my grille support frame and tail light panel before taking down my homemade paint booth so I am starting to plan out my strategy.

My car didn't have its original paint job when I bought it in 1997 so I do not know if the colors are the same or not, I do know that from the factory the tail panel was organisol paint that was slightly textured.

Can I get away with just picking up a quart of single stage semi flat or satin paint and doing them the same color? for the tail panel I was thinking of deliberately making dry spray to simulate the texture?  Thoughts?

jaak

My car is not original so that's what I used was a single stage satin black, painted tail panel, grill frame, dash, headliner trim and rear side marker housings with it.

bill440rt

I did the dry spray trick on several things, including tail panels and dashes. Worked well.
Practice on a test panel first. It works best when you apply a medium wet coat and let that get good and tacky, then apply your dry mist coats over that.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce