News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by 65post, May 28, 2016, 11:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

Anyone know the current owner or it`s where about`s ? Car sold new in Quebec.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Nwcharger

I bought a bunch of Daytona parts for mine from a Daytona parted years ago. it was 41463?, It was at a newyork auction years ago on a pallet. Maybe someone on the forum has more info on the car. I think my friend may still have the core support to it.
1969 coronet wagon

Alaskan_TA

FJMG

All I ever found and spoke to was the salesman who sold 414639 and the person he sold it to. The first owner seems to remember only keeping it a year or so. That car seems to be a twin to the orange Alberta car, V2, blk bucket, console delete, 4-SPD, 3.54 Dana, full wheel covers. Maybe it is the car on maple leaf carsinbarns on page 36??????
Apparently that salesman also sold the 68 hemi charger out of that dealer also.

FJMG

Just dug up some more notes I had on this car, keep in mind that the following are rumours only as I have been unable to verify.
Aparantly, after the first owner, 639 ended up in the hands of a  racer ( unknown if drag or otherwise) and motor was later removed.
I also heard that it ended up in the hands of a mustang enthusiast but I have no idea if this is the same owner (racer above) or if this is another subsequent owner.

65post

Thanks for the info FJMG.Now has there been any info on Color of the car?
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

FJMG

Yup, two posts up, V2

FJMG

Found some more notes I had written down from conversations with different people in Quebec;
A local cop who was in the area at that time remembers a hemi daytona that was painted purple, involved in an accident, engine removed and later was badly burnt in a garage fire where it was stored.
This story seems to be the most accurate of the ones I heard as there have been more than one person to claim this and they did not know each other.
I could not find anyone to verify if the car was sent to crusher or not, (one person claimed the wing was a pile of aluminum from the heat), however if it still exists, keep in mind I spoke to these people around 1990, so I wonder how much of this car turned to dust since then if it was not crushed.
Thanks for the question 65post!
Perusing over my notes sure brought back some great memories of the different people i met and spoke to on the phone and from my trip travelling through Timmons, Notre-Dame-du-Nord, Rouynn-Noranda, Val-D'Or, Mont Laurier, Mont Tremblant and St. Jerome.