News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

One of those "I could of lost everything" moments today. WHEW!!!

Started by TruckDriver, April 13, 2006, 08:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

So, I get home from work tonight at about 6pm, open the door, and smell GAS! BIG TIME!! I start looking around to see that this morning at about 5am, one of the kids must have bumped one of the dials for the gas stove. It was open all the way, just up to the point before the igniter would of started clicking. It was a good thing it is warm enough now that I had 5 windows open in the house before I left for work this morning. So, even though it was strong, it wasn't all that bad to kill our 4 cats. Needless to say, I opened the all the windows now. I never liked gas stoves just for that reason. I hope that NEVER happens again!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

rare69

i would be for putting some sort of safety device on that stove so it doesnt happen again! that or just throw it out and buy an electric one.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Glad you're ok. I came home last night to find about three gallons of water on my kitchen floor from the dish washer. The sink drain was clogged and my wife started the dish washer and went to bed so all the drain water leaked out the door. But that's hardly life-threatening like your incident was.

adauto

Your a lucky man! Glad you din't lose your house! KABOOM!!! Nice to hear your animals were ok too!
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Charger1973

stoves are pretty cheap actually.  i work maintenance for a couple apartment complexes and when one starts to get crappy we just order a new one.  its not too often we actually fix much on them.  if you can get the hook ups for it, id just get an electric one like mentioned above

ChargerAndy

If you smell gas in your house, open DOORS as well as windows since gas is heavier than air and accumulates near the floor first. Do not touch light switches as they may spark. AND..... they do make child proof things for the gas knobs, I'll be getting some tomorrow! Dude, youre lucky!  Andy

TruckDriver

Both my boys are old enough to know not to play with the stove (6 & 11). But my oldest tripped putting his shoes on in the morning, and I think he accidently hit the nob for the stove. I believe it was a freak thing.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P