News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Replaced parking brake cables now problem

Started by SRT-440, May 22, 2016, 09:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT-440

My 70 Satellite didn't have a parking brake cable so I bought a full kit from Inline Tube (which is a nice kit). Installed it and all the related parts inside the drum that was missing..adjusted the pads, and now my brake pedal goes to the floor and barely stops the car. I didn't remove any of the brake lines..so I'm assuming something is out of adjustment?
When I push down the parking brake pedal it does stop the wheel from moving..but, when I release the brake, the pedal doesn't return to the original position and I have to physically pull the pedal back for the "brake light" to go off. Is this all connected or separate issues?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

crj1968

Sounds like the pads are too far from the drums and never really making contact.  (?)