News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash pads

Started by billfury, April 13, 2006, 07:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billfury

Who sells them new for a 72 charger???? I've seen the caps,but rather replace the whole pad.Thanks
Bill

Ghoste

Won't Just Dashes (not cheaply) reform a new one over your old core?

defiance

In my several-month-long quest for the same as you're looking for, I found NOTHING.  Nobody makes any kind of repro.  I got a cap, but it looked like arse - and then after a few months it split, too! :(.  So, I got on ebay and fought for a few, always unwilling to go past around $500.  They were selling (at the time) at the $600-$700 range in non-cracked condition.  Finally, I got tired of the whole deal, and went for it; ended up winning one at the $700 range, in excellent condition.  Got it in, FREAKING UPS had smashed in the side of it.  A few weeks and a UPS claim later, I wasn't out any money, but I still didn't have a dash, either.  Called just dashes, they quoted me $500 and **14 weeks** minimum turnaround.  The $500, at this point, I was fine with, but 14 weeks seemed... extreme.  I found another place, though, http://www.dashboardrestorations.com/ - they were pretty much the same price, but had my dash turned around in 4 weeks.  It looks *perfect*, too; I was very satisfied. 

Bottom line, I honestly do hope you have better luck than me - maybe you'll find a good place that does repros... but I can't say I feel optimistic about it.  Good luck!  And if you do decide to go with restoration, I definitely recommend the dashboard restorations USA place :)  (though I've seen some of just dashes work too, it's pristine as well - and prices are similar - so if you don't mind the wait, that's an option too)

Charger1973

Its crazy but I got mine from my parts car, which cost me $600 for the whole car.  I looked at the car at night and only saw it with a flashlight, and the guy kept asking if I wanted to come back in the daylight and look at it before I bought it.  He was concerned about all the rust...  I wasnt.  I saw the perfect dashpad and bought it right there.  I got lucky on that one.