News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen rocker panels

Started by E5 Charger, May 18, 2016, 10:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E5 Charger

My 74 Charger's passenger rocker panel isn't rusted through, but is very wavy on the side and bottom. It looks like someone hit something at one time and covered it with bondo. It looks like it will be easier to replace it than try to straighten it. Does anyone have experience with the repros? Is is the complete outer rocker? Do I have to brace the door opening if I remove the complete old outer rocker? or will the inner keep everything aligned? The sill and door posts are perfect, so I would maybe just use the side and bottom of the new rocker. I'm thinking it may be better to not drill out the door post spot welds. Has anyone done this?

Magnumcharger

I've been looking for reproduction rocker panels for my 71 Charger.
As far as I know, there is currently no manufacturer making these items.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Mike DC

A whole rocker panel?   That is quite a large & structural piece of the car.

If AMD doesn't make a repro then you are probably better off paying up for a used piece.  Or even hand-fabricating what you need. 

Either way, trying to use a crappy repro for that piece will leave you wishing you had never cut off the original metal.