News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Saw this today leaving my accountants office...

Started by adauto, May 09, 2016, 06:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adauto

Ahhh the days of working on your MOPAR in the street....  Been there!  :grinyes:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

A383Wing

looks more like a real bad photoshop to me....

Kern Dog

Yeah, the resolution looks like a Polaroid with vaseline on the lens!
I like the theme of this thread though. Who hasn't had their car on jackstands on the street at one time or another ??

JB400

It looks like it's painted with that paint that you can peel off.

adauto

photoshit............... please.............  dirty cell phone.  :yesnod:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

r4daytona

I think people are missing the point of the thread. I don't really care about the quality of the photo, how many photos from the 70's do we all see and say " looks cool"  or  "remember the days" to me it looks like to younger guys doing what they can with what they have.  We all did it at some point in our lives.  One of the best memories I have with my dad was painting my 73 challenger in our side yard.  We knew NOTHING about painting a car so he and I came up with a paint scheme, masked it off and painted it with 23 cans of spray paint.  IT had recap tires in the front because that's all I could afford, keystone classics in the back ( because I did some work for a guy as trade) it had a 318 with cherry bomb muffler.  But check out the hood I got for $30 !!    Sure it probably looks stupid to many, but it was a great memory I had with my dad. 

like I said, these look like a couple guys doing what they can with what they have so how gives a shit about the photo quality and/or what the car looks like - they're probably 18 yrs old.

41husk

back in the day is was common place to see cool cars eery place you went.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

redgum78

Quote from: r4daytona on May 10, 2016, 08:36:25 AM
I think people are missing the point of the thread. I don't really care about the quality of the photo, how many photos from the 70's do we all see and say " looks cool"  or  "remember the days" to me it looks like to younger guys doing what they can with what they have.  We all did it at some point in our lives.  One of the best memories I have with my dad was painting my 73 challenger in our side yard.  We knew NOTHING about painting a car so he and I came up with a paint scheme, masked it off and painted it with 23 cans of spray paint.  IT had recap tires in the front because that's all I could afford, keystone classics in the back ( because I did some work for a guy as trade) it had a 318 with cherry bomb muffler.  But check out the hood I got for $30 !!    Sure it probably looks stupid to many, but it was a great memory I had with my dad. 

like I said, these look like a couple guys doing what they can with what they have so how gives a shit about the photo quality and/or what the car looks like - they're probably 18 yrs old.

Love the Challenger and can relate to your story. Through my teenage years I had little money and loved motorbikes. My parents were constantly amazed at how I managed to keep my old junker bikes going with stuff I would scrounge up for nothing. It taught me to be resourceful and how to come up with solutions to problems.   

Ponch ®

Quote from: JB400 on May 09, 2016, 10:03:58 PM
It looks like it's painted with that paint that you can peel off.

Plasti-Dip! Hell yeah!

I bet that guy is not working on his mopar out on the street by choice...it probably broke down and he had to do what he had to do.  :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

dual fours

Quote from: redgum78 on May 10, 2016, 09:00:32 AM
Quote from: r4daytona on May 10, 2016, 08:36:25 AM
I think people are missing the point of the thread. I don't really care about the quality of the photo, how many photos from the 70's do we all see and say " looks cool"  or  "remember the days" to me it looks like to younger guys doing what they can with what they have.  We all did it at some point in our lives.  One of the best memories I have with my dad was painting my 73 challenger in our side yard.  We knew NOTHING about painting a car so he and I came up with a paint scheme, masked it off and painted it with 23 cans of spray paint.  IT had recap tires in the front because that's all I could afford, keystone classics in the back ( because I did some work for a guy as trade) it had a 318 with cherry bomb muffler.  But check out the hood I got for $30 !!    Sure it probably looks stupid to many, but it was a great memory I had with my dad.  

Love the Challenger and can relate to your story. Through my teenage years I had little money and loved motorbikes. My parents were constantly amazed at how I managed to keep my old junker bikes going with stuff I would scrounge up for nothing. It taught me to be resourceful and how to come up with solutions to problems.  
I wonder how many of the cars on this site and not, would not be what they are today if not for Credit Cards?
PS: I should say, I'm not against using CCs, in todays world sometimes you need them to get what you want.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Lennard

Quote from: 41husk on May 10, 2016, 03:14:24 PM
none of mine :cheers:
Same here. The build might take longer, but it's ALL mine.  :2thumbs:

72Charger72

I have many photos like that from back in the day BUT they were FORDS! Then I found my love of MOPARS!   :coolgleamA: