News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radiator Fan Confessional on my Daytona

Started by Daytona Guy, May 05, 2016, 11:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

I have to post a confessional. I have had my car done now for 3 years and just noticed 2 days ago that my 7 blade radiator fan is on backwards. I wish I could figure out the physics and get the numbers of the air flow difference. The only thing changed by putting it on backwards was that it did not "cup" the air. It still pulled air but the fan was functioning more like a propeller on a boat. I'm guessing 20% increase in air flow now on lower RPM. Once you hit 60 MPH not sure how much it will matter.

I had many eyes on the car engine during the Spring Fling in LA, and no one caught it, even when I was discussing my cooling issues at idle.

I am so embarrassed

Dane

rebby

At least you got it figured out. Did idle cooling improve? Took a big man to admit that publicly too. I'm sure that somebody will benefit down the road.  :2thumbs:
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

Dave Kanofsky

Glad you figured it out and thanks for sharing!  That did take guts.  Good job!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Daytona Guy