News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found this in storage at work.....

Started by KS71owner, March 29, 2016, 09:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KS71owner

Actually found two of them....never seen one in person. I asked the boss about them, and if he was interested in selling one, and he GAVE it to me. He said he just wanted to keep one, he got them at a swap meet somewhere. Original 1961 Revell Slant Six mechanical model kit.

miller time

Lucky, that's got to be some kind of a collector's item
I want to see it on youtube
And surprisingly it may have more power then some new foreign cars :smilielol:
Keep all the parts it may buy you a fiat one day

KS71owner

They are pretty rare, no doubt. I'm surprised it has never been reissued. It's an amazing model, quite complex considering its age. Really looking forward to cleaning it up and finishing it.

crj1968

yeah those are pretty sought after models.   :coolgleamA:

I was looking for one a while back to show my kid how an engine works...

Charger_Fan

That's a pretty cool find! I don't think I've seen a slant six example before, they are usually V8's.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

KS71owner

I didn't know about the slant six kits either, apparently they released two. This one in 1961 or so  and a clear one similar to the visible V8 a few years later. This thing is amazing. Even the distributor and coil work to fire the sparkplugs, you actually have to install points and a rotor and wire everything up. I plan on adding some additional details to mine as well. For sure I will detail the carburetor and starter just to make them look better, and I will probably add linkages and a shifter to the transmission.

Also, found a set of plans! The second kit is pretty much fully assembled, and it had a set of plans with it. I borrowed them for tonight so I can copy them.

69wannabe

Sweet deal on that kit!!! Prolly expensive if you had to pay for one if you could find one!!!

68X426

Cool and unusual at the same time.

Does it come with its own oil leaks - or - do have to do those yourself?

::)

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow