News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 valve cover gaskets

Started by blinkey, March 27, 2016, 08:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar0166

yes works great ,and worse case if you get a leak it really is that big of grind to take it off and try again

BSB67

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on March 30, 2016, 09:00:32 AM
Quote from: BSB67 on March 29, 2016, 06:02:06 PM
Interesting.  I've never used a sealant of any type on valve covers.
Here was something I found after I put my gaskets on...
This must be your reasoning... :2thumbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHEcf0itBuE

Not really.  There are a couple of places I might use it depending on the parts and materials of construction of the parts, gasket material.  Just never thought of using on valve covers, and never had a problem putting them on dry.

I think the guy in the video is a bit over the top, IMO.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

mopar0166

I always just put on new gaskets if I got a leak after install or one crushed too much you shouldn't need extra adhesive

blinkey

So tonite Im gonna try the Felpro hard black gaskets cause I already bought them, I dont like them, just sayin ,,,a feeling

crj1968

Quote from: blinkey on March 31, 2016, 04:55:07 PM
 So tonite Im gonna try the Felpro hard black gaskets cause I already bought them, I dont like them, just sayin ,,,a feeling

I've got the same feeling

Noticed a leak this morning from pass. side valve cover. So I tried to tighten it up a bit...and then it became a gusher.   :brickwall:

All my parts store had was the hard fel-pros as well. They don't fit very well in the cover so I had to trim them up....we'll see.   :rotz:
I need rubber gasket with a notch in it that you put on the head first.   :scratchchin: