News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help with spark plugs

Started by keith88, March 19, 2016, 05:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

Hi every body i have a 69 charger with a 318 4 brl ,electronic ignition and a mild cam. That's about all i know about it. I want to change the plugs but not sure what i should buy for it and im not fond of champions, can any one help me out here. Need  to know what heat range and size as well seeing i have no clue what i should run. thanks
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

HPP

What do the old plugs look like?

Plenty of other choices out there other than Champion.

keith88

To tell you the truth i have even taken them out yet to look at them yet
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

keith88

OK you got me wounding so i took one out to my surprise they are Bosch platinum the only  numbers i can see on the plug is WR9LP they look pretty good but i do not know how old they are. I bought the car a few years ago and they were already in the car.

69wannabe

Go with NGK's!! Good plugs for the price and highly recommended by many on these forums!  :yesnod:

myk

Yes NGK's worked well on my car too.  I don't recall which ones though;  Ron recommended a specific type...

ACUDANUT

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  :Twocents:

keith88

After some research it looks like NGK 2763 Platinum plugs are what i will use. Thoughts?

1974dodgecharger

still prefer my champions, but then again im old school American NGK sounds like Japanese  :icon_smile_big: