News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Custom dodge challenger daytona soars to auction

Started by lukedukem, March 14, 2016, 09:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukedukem

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Patronus

It's like a train wreck, I just had to stop and look.  :rotz:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

qwick68

68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

odcics2

nice clone!   

Those wheels look good.   Reminds me of the 69 Kelsey wheels.   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

72Charger72

boss429kiwi

I like them.

Our winged cars were  :puke: when first introduced.
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

Q5XX29

I hate to be too negative, but I can't stand those! Just reminds me of how "regular" people have a hard enough time already knowing the difference between a Charger and a Challenger, and then for a "car enthusiast" to take the legacy of the Charger Daytona and tie it to the WRONG MODEL... I just don't get it. Granted, if Dodge had made a more retro version of the Charger, these conversions might have ended up on the right model. And I love all the cars individually. I have Chargers, Challengers, and a Daytona, and I love them each for what they already are. Just my $.02
dakota_gt on Instagram

chargerman69

I like this one white and red
Better looking then them 2010 charger daytonas

Stevearino

For anyone who is curious here are some pictures I took when it first came on to campus at work.

Stevearino

Here are some more and a picture of the 392 convertible.

Mytur Binsdirti

crj1968

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Stevearino

Lighthorseman

I like the ragtop Challenger....the Challenge-tona (?), not at all, sorry.

Stevearino

My opinion, for what it is worth, is the Challenger Wing car (I won't call it a Daytona cause it ain't one no more that that truck with the wing a few years ago) is a half assed attempt to cash in on nostalgia. It always puzzles me that in an attempt to real in the people who cared about the original wing cars they slapped this together and expected rave reviews. The nose with the up swept bottom and the cartoonishly oversized rear wing are just disrespectful to anyone who appreciates the excellent proportions of the original Daytona. If you are going to ask $35,000.00 for an add on package have the courtesy to work a little harder to make it appealing.

Mike DC

The nose is actually not a bad job.  Incorporates the body lines of the front end well and looks proportionate.   But on a white Chally it reminds me of a space shuttle tailcone they used for transporting.

The rear wing on that Chally needs to be cut down about a foot.  It looks obviously tacked-on.  

Even on a real '69 Daytona, shortening the rear wing isn't such a bad idea (Fast & Furious):

RCCDrew

I'd drive it.
But the front end on the F&F Daytona is just hideous. Too small for that big car.

Mike DC

I dunno if the F&F car's front end was "too small" or just wrongly shaped.  It looked sorta snub-nosed and too high up.  

The rear end didn't come out looking awesome either.  It looked too big at the very rear end.  Maybe because the nose was shorter + the superbird wing leans farther back than the Daytona one.  But either way I think the decision to lower the wing basically worked though.  

On the other hand the stock Daytona didn't look good either.  
We wouldn't be so fond of it if we didn't spend decades looking at it and knowing the whole backstory.

Charger_Fan

The white Chally might (maybe) look a little better if it was wearing a darker color. That might make the nose a tad bit less hideous...maybe. As it is, it's just... :eek2:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

thehemikid

...nay

The nasty fast black one trying to set a speed record did look better than this white one though.