News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does your car have this bracket?

Started by crj1968, February 04, 2016, 10:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crj1968

On the side of the fuel tank... Purpose would seem to be to stop exhaust pipe from touching floor but that doesn't make sense as everything moves together.   :scratchchin:

stop fuel tank from moving?  My car only has it on right side though. Double  :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

Yes I need new shocks...Im working on it!   :icon_smile_big:

crj1968

I hate to respond to my own thread, but looking at the picture myself, this thing looks a little out of place. It seems factory to me in its shape, but the way it bolts onto the frame rail looks off.  Anyone?

charger chris

That's a 70 thing. My car has the same thing on it. I thinking its for something on the fuel tank.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Charger-Bodie

I think it was designed to keep the tank from sliding over in an accident . To keep the tank sealed at the fill tube. If tank slides too far it will dump gas from filler tube hole.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

crj1968

Thanks guys...makes sense that it would only be on the right side. If the tank slid left the filler stays put. Really looks almost like a recall add on. Appreciate your feedback. :2thumbs: