News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steel Wheels over Disc Brakes ... and Value of Current Wheels

Started by ikbrown, February 01, 2016, 12:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ikbrown

Hi all, couple questions regarding wheels on my 68 Charger! :)

First, does anyone know if the stock style steelies will fit over disc brakes? I have a disc conversion in the front and was wondering last night if the wheel vintiques 63 series steelies I've been thinking about getting would fit over the disc brakes. Is anyone running them and able to confirm if they would fit? I'm thinking I may need to get Basset/Aero/Bart style steelies with a more concave face to fit over the brakes in front. Here is a picture of my disc brake setup.

Next, does anyone know what manufacturer / style the wheels are that I'm currently running? They were on the car when I bought it (10 years ago) and I'm not sure what type of wheels they are - by my measurement they are 15x8 4" backspacing all around.

Also, what do you think I could ask for these wheels when I sell them after getting a set of steelies? Best place to sell them? I know 5x4.5 is used by a lot of American cars so there is a big market of buyers, maybe I could start with my local craigslist and go from there.

Here are the wheels:

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have the same SSBC disc brake kit as you.  15" wheel is a minimum...pretty sure a 14" wont clear the calipers

Running 15x7  4.25" BS Wheel Vintiques repro steel wheels with zero issues...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ikbrown

Perfect!! That's just what I was hoping for. I'm hoping to get a set of those wheel vintiques steelies so good to hear that they go over the same brakes I have no problem! :)