News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rat muscle "daisy" build

Started by cbrestorations, January 25, 2016, 03:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

The drifting handbrake showed up, gonna mount it in the centerconsole. Also got the exhaust figured out. Modified the outlet on the muffler to a 45 degree exit to allow for tight clearance and minimal bends.

cbrestorations

Should sound awesome...I ordered the loudest muffler spintech  offered, but if it not quite loud enough I'm gonna open it up and remove a baffle.

Lennard

lukedukem

I'm curious on how you will keep heat out with the exhaust like that. Great work so far can't wait to see finished car.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

cbrestorations

The floor will have heat vent holes and sealed in a tunnel with heat shielding over that. Should work decent. Plus it's going to all be ceramic coated which will drop the heat quite a bit. But...it's worth it for the cool factor of side exhaust lol

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

lukedukem

Quote from: cbrestorations on July 15, 2016, 03:00:21 PM
The floor will have heat vent holes and sealed in a tunnel with heat shielding over that. Should work decent. Plus it's going to all be ceramic coated which will drop the heat quite a bit. But...it's worth it for the cool factor of side exhaust lol

:2thumbs:

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

cbrestorations

started on the cage today, made all my floor plates first and i wasnt going to bed tonight till the main hoop was in place lol. made the plates where the main hoop can slip thru and adjust height and then i could tie it into the subframe connector from below. the main hoop plates will be all boxed in to the rocker ones its set. the cage is going to be a 12 point front to back trying to tie in all major frame connections. day by day im getting closer to driving this bucket lol

cbrestorations

my project this weekend was the roll cage but since it was my first roll cage ive built i went kinda slow. i still have more bars to add, braces that tie the roof to the cage and then some fancy shmancy gusset bracing. cage was tricky as i wanted a back seat without people hitting their heads on it, glove box to function and visors to work. hoping i can finish the cage this week and get started on the fuel system. the dash and interior bezels do not go to this car, they were just used for mock up.

VegasCharger

Sh!T you got a lot done since I left out of there.  :2thumbs:

The pass. side front bar looks good as I know it was kicking your A$$.

:cheers:

Lennard

cbrestorations

im really looking forward to making the brushed aluminum dimple die'd filler panels inside all the triangulated bars. will add a nice racey look to it. as for the cage, im going to scotch pad the whole thing and clear it so it has a nice brushed look aswell. i think it will look good with the stock tan interior. gonna go get some extra aluminum so i can make a fast 8 style rear spoiler for her once cage is done

i couldnt stand looking at the crease and damage in the quarter of daisy, luckily i just did quarter on another charger for a customer and like the native americans i didnt let it go to waste lol

only pic i have that shows the damage before

cbrestorations

made brackets to mount my new swaybar setup to the rear end housing. i didnt want to mount the bar to the axle and then run the arms rearward but there was very little room to go forward. the arms have 6 positions so i can change the rate of the bar for different conditions. i still need to make the end link brackets though

garner7555

69 Charger 440 resto-mod

chargedup68

68 Charger, 608/683 505 cu in. Muscle Motors Stroker, MASS Flo EFI. Reilly Motorsports Alterkation/Street Lynx suspension, Wilwood brakes, Strange Dana 60 4.11 gears, Tremec TKO 600

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger_Fan

You are doing some really neat stuff on this build, I likey! :yesnod:  I can't wait to see some vids of Daisy burnin' rubber!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

cbrestorations

finished installing the donor skin piece from a customer take off quarter

got one side of the coilover mount done, step by step getting closer

cbrestorations

made the passenger side a pillar bar removable so i can remove the dash when needed.

finished the drivers side shock tower hoop

Lennard

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

cbrestorations

Sixshooter

Looks great. Really clean fab work!  :2thumbs: