News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Body alignment measurements

Started by velrob, January 24, 2016, 02:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

velrob

hoping someone can help me out.  we were installing new frame rail last night using the k-frame as a guide and the other good frame rail

i have the dodge service/body manual but the measurements are difficult to understand.   it doesnt show exactly where it measures from (starting point/ending pointP) and when using some of the measurements nothing is right.     if i were to use the measurements in the book the k frame wouldnt line up

the inner fender sits properly

but i have nothing to guide to ensure height is set correctly without understanding the book. 

Mike DC

Those look like the 1966-70 B-body measurements.  That might explain some of the irregularities.  Some stuff would be the same but other stuff would not. 

If you can't dig up the correct specs then your best bet would be measuring up another car & using what you have to extrapolate things.  The factory left a lot of variation in the non-critical panels but the alignment holes on the frame stuff tended to be more consistent.  Nothing was anywhere near modern standards though. 

velrob

I think I found someone selling the spec sheet for 71 charger i will try that

thanks!