News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What parts you wish were reproduced for your '68-69 charger?

Started by cavemanno1, January 18, 2016, 06:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 20, 2016, 03:38:36 AM
QuoteSorry, but im noy buying that excuse. Maybe for the cost of a 69 charger fender vs a 69 camaro fender, but lets face reality for a minute- what is the universal statement when it comes to engines? The small block chevy is always the cheapest to build. Well if we want to date ourselves, i think the earliest design of the chevy 350 was built in the early 50s and used until early 2000. The mopar small block (la engines) went into production in the early 60s and didnt get the axe until the same time. So by your theory, 318 performance parts should cost the exact same as 350 parts.... but we all know they dont.

How many people buy SBC parts compared to SBM parts now?  

The original production numbers matter primarily because they indicate the buyer numbers today.

In that arguement, demand for small block chevy parts should cost more because people want them.

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Brock Lee

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on January 20, 2016, 09:45:36 AM

In that arguement, demand for small block chevy parts should cost more because people want them.

They could be already making more on the Chevy parts. You can't look at the price and call that. Only the manufacturer knows that. If you mean they should adjust the prices to align with Mopar prices or higher, they have to remain competitive. The only way it could happen is if the entire industry brought prices up to match. Wont happen.

BLK 68 R/T

Ryan.C

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on January 20, 2016, 01:45:15 PM
Map lights
Glove box lights + the switch

The last time I was in Arco, ID chargerspecialties was working on a LED map light for 2nd Gen Chargers. The proto types looked really nice. I do not know if he has put them into prodution yet.
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

ht4spd307

1968-70 bumper jacks as the originals are out priced for something you would never use on your car
:pigsfly: