News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Follow-up question - should I have the reverse 22 stamped on the repro tag?

Started by rainbow4jd, January 12, 2016, 06:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbow4jd

As mentioned in an earlier thread....

Due to the value of the original fender tag (and because I had a tag stolen off my 6 pack Cuda) - I've decided to have a reproduction tag made for display purposes.  And, since I am doing a Concours level restoration - the repop fits in that theme.   

Don't worry - I'm putting the original tag in my safety deposit box and giving it to the future owner.

That all being said,  I CAN have the inspectors stamp added to the repop tag - but I'm wondering if I should or not?    It seems from the earlier thread responses and photos - that the inspectors stamp was pretty common... which leads me to believe I probably should (that is my inclination)

What is your all's thoughts.... (DON'T TALK ME OUT OF THE REPOP) - just think about IF you were doing a repop - would you add the inspector stamp or not.

Reference (top right corner of tag - reverse stamped #22)

birdsandbees

Interesting, I was shown / told that "policy" was they wouldn't add inspectors stamps on their reproduction tags at at least one of two place I know that does repro tags. Place number 2 expected me to supply all the foot work for gate numbers, etc to do a tag from my broadcast sheets (as my 'Bird tag grew legs in '88!) so I went with place #1 that knew what they were doing but states they will not add inspection stamps.

Now that said... if I can find the right "font" ! LOL
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

C500

Quote from: birdsandbees on January 12, 2016, 10:39:31 PM
Interesting, I was shown / told that "policy" was they wouldn't add inspectors stamps on their reproduction tags at at least one of two place I know that does repro tags. Place number 2 expected me to supply all the foot work for gate numbers, etc to do a tag from my broadcast sheets (as my 'Bird tag grew legs in '88!) so I went with place #1 that knew what they were doing but states they will not add inspection stamps.

Now that said... if I can find the right "font" ! LOL

They aren't using the right font? Planning on getting a re-pop too, so I can keep the original safe and not worry about thieves at shows. GTS do them and Tags Backeast (datatags.com). Who did you go with in the end bees?
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

birdsandbees

I waited 11 years for Govier to get back to me about doing a tag for my 'Bird, even though he took my money to do paperwork for my 'Bee.. that he did, he totally ignored my Superbird request for a fender tag. I recently found out he just gets someone else to stamp them anyhow. I had Dave Wise do a tag done for me at MMC. Multiple drafts to be sure he had it correct in both our eyes, working from my 2 broadcast sheets.  :2thumbs:

I was joking, based on the window sticker thread, that I should find the right "font" stamp to add a 22 to my tag!  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

C500

Quote from: birdsandbees on January 13, 2016, 12:26:53 AM
I waited 11 years for Govier to get back to me about doing a tag for my 'Bird, even though he took my money to do paperwork for my 'Bee, and recently found out he just gets someone else to stamp them anyhow. I had Dave Wise do a tag done for me at MMC. Multiple drafts to be sure he had it correct in both our eyes, working from my 2 broadcast sheets.  :2thumbs:

I was joking, based on the window sticker thread, that I should find the right "font" stamp to add a 22 to my tag!  :yesnod:

:2thumbs: I will be going with Tags Backeast, their work is pretty accurate by all accounts, and not so long to wait  ;)
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

birdsandbees

David had me a tag in 3 weeks, after multiple drafts and research to make sure he had acceptable gate numbers, etc. to make a correct tag.

Having it done at Backeast ended for me at "Problem is this is a Lynch road car.  tags there are lots different from
other plants"  :shruggy:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

C500

Quote from: birdsandbees on January 13, 2016, 12:39:43 AM
David had me a tag in 3 weeks, after multiple drafts and research to make sure he had acceptable gate numbers, etc. to make a correct tag.

Having it done at Backeast ended for me at "Problem is this is a Lynch road car.  tags there are lots different from
other plants"  :shruggy:

Hope he's got the Hamtramck tags sorted.

Back to the original post... yes, go the new tag, and get the inspectors stamp on the rear.

rainbow4jd

Yes, I think I'll do the inspectors tag

And commenting on some of the earlier comment - obviously, I have an exact tag to work from - so no issues on the reproduction.

Thanks

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

rainbow4jd

http://www.datatags.com/

I am getting my tag done by AG Back East (i.e. datatags.com)

They will do the inspectors stamp in the correct reverse stamping.

You will need a photo of both front and read AND proof of ownership (i.e. title and/or current registration)

They did my 6 pack Cuda and are very diligent about their work.   I had to show proof of ownership, copy of broadcast sheet, and photos of the options being put on the tag (showing they were already on the car).   

If you mention that Steve Vance referred you in your email - YOU WON'T GET ANYTHING - but I told Brett that I bet I could get five people to contact him about the reverse stamps, based on the interest of others who want to do my "secure the original and show a repop" strategy

If you DO contact them - post a note here and let me know.