News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grad school interview is coming up and I'm getting real nervous. Update: I'M IN!

Started by Dino, January 09, 2016, 11:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY I'M IN!!!!!!

EMU called me a little while ago and offered me a seat in their program!

All that hard work has paid off, I'll be attending the school of my choice and as long as I keep my head straight and work my tail off for another two years I will graduate as a PA in the spring of 2018.   :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

I'd say I'm very happy but that would be an understatement.  I'm still pinching myself.

Thanks for all the support my friends.   :cheers:   :cheers:   :cheers:

garner7555

69 Charger 440 resto-mod

hemi68charger

Awesome... ALWAYS nice to start a new chapter in one's life of their choosing...   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

dyslexic teddybear

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dino

Thanks guys, I'm super stoked!

It will be bad news on the Charger front though.  The program starts the first week of May and there's no way I'll have any time to work on the car.  Alas it will most likely not be back on the road by then.  But I'll get it as close as possible.  Time wise I think I could pull it off, but the funds to complete it are just not there anymore.  I still have some stuff up for sale localy so it's not impossible but its getting improbable.

I'm not letting it put a damper on it though, I made it to where I wanted to be so I'm way happy!   :2thumbs:

Besides, you can't always have your cake and eat it.  Hey!  Maybe I should start a gofundme page as well!   :lol:

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Q5XX29

Quote from: Dino on February 05, 2016, 09:24:29 PM
Thanks guys, I'm super stoked!

It will be bad news on the Charger front though.  The program starts the first week of May and there's no way I'll have any time to work on the car.  Alas it will most likely not be back on the road by then.  But I'll get it as close as possible.  Time wise I think I could pull it off, but the funds to complete it are just not there anymore.  I still have some stuff up for sale localy

Don't worry about that! It sounds like you have your priorities straight. Congratulations! I remember well not too long ago, the long, hard years of going through medical school and residency, not having any money for the fun stuff in life, taking on massive debt without any real guarantee of being able to pay it back. All of my friends were buying fun toys, taking trips, while I was living in my mobile home with my wife and kids and no toys.

Before you know it, you will be looking back and thank God you were willing to take the risk, and put in the hard work, because major dividends will be paid. You will have much more funding for your hobbies, and more importantly, you will be happy because you are doing something that you love!

Just keep your eye on the prize. Good luck!

dakota_gt on Instagram

firefighter3931

Congrats Dirk !  :cheers:

You've come a long way and the effort will be worth it. You stayed the course and it's going to pay off  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

myk

charge69

I know this meant the world to you and it is awesome that your college of choice selected you. It is funny how good luck seems to follow you when you work the hardest for your dreams.  Good luck with this new chapter in your life!  No doubt you are willing to put in the blood, sweat, and tears to get this done and will have a bright future ahead.  Again,  Congrats.

Chad L. Magee

Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

cavemanno1

Well done!  :2thumbs: See i told you Karma will pay you back.I'm happy for you!

Lennard

Dino

Thanks fellas!  It's an awesome feeling and I'm very excited to start this new chapter.   :yesnod:

And some more good news: I sold one of my vintage saxophones so that means I'll be able to finish a lot of things on the car.  If I can sell these last two then I'll have enough to finish the entire car.   :2thumbs:

It's not a priority compared to school, but it sure would be nice to have the car ready so I can take it out from time to time after a long day studying.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

XH29N0G

Quote from: Dino on February 10, 2016, 08:58:11 AM
it sure would be nice to have the car ready so I can take it out from time to time after a long day studying.

I agree.  Good luck getting there. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....