News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new guy with a ton of chargers

Started by 340chargerrallye, January 07, 2016, 11:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

all of a sudden i really want a black 3rd gen  :popcrn: Nice collection  :coolgleamA:

340chargerrallye

70 charger 500 I bought out of s.d. didn't have it long someone wanted it more then me as you can tell by my pictures all but one are form the old owner

340chargerrallye

this is a 72 440 4 speed car I did for a friend its currently still with me as her and her husband are travailing the USA so I call it my loaner it doesn't really leave

340chargerrallye

73 rallye just more of the above car in earlier stages

340chargerrallye

ok that's it for now im getting tired of messing with this computer enjoy guys

JB400

340chargerrallye

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I love my 3rd gen chargers ,and I thought I wanted a black  3rd gen too till after the paint job and I started to drive it then I spent more time washing it then I did driving it. It was bad I would have it washed/detailed perfect drive less then 3 mins on nice clean paved roads and it was filthy when I pulled into the show I was going too. I'll stick with my bright colors from now on less cleaning more driving

6spd68

Heh, I feel you on the Black car thing.  Weekly washing becomes part of your routine.  The cost of looking evil I guess!  :2thumbs:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: 340chargerrallye on January 12, 2016, 10:32:42 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I love my 3rd gen chargers ,and I thought I wanted a black  3rd gen too till after the paint job and I started to drive it then I spent more time washing it then I did driving it. It was bad I would have it washed/detailed perfect drive less then 3 mins on nice clean paved roads and it was filthy when I pulled into the show I was going too. I'll stick with my bright colors from now on less cleaning more driving

Hmmm.  Well, I'm still looking forward to seeing my rallye painted back to black.  Dirt or no dirt should still look good.

It seems you do have a high number of chargers, or at least had. Some nice looking cars
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

400sforever

Where are you located? I'm in western iowa with 11 chargers and 1 72 plymouth satellite. . I think we would get along. .except I have a harder time selling mine than you must!
1974 dodge charger se 512 cubic inches, 3.91 suregrip

340chargerrallye

I'm down in Melbourne fl. I wish I had every car back I sold but if you never let them go you never get the next one! I've had some real sweet rides but I get board when there's nothing left to do but drive them so after a period of time from the finish of the restore I sell the car and move on .I never loss money ,if I'm not at least braking even I keep the car or trade it for a project plus cash I enjoy the restoration part because over the years I do little things here and there to my cars and the more I do the more I incorporate into the next one. The 72 rallye and the 74 sunroof  is going to be that last two for awhile. I'm ether going to sell my rt or put it into storage for a future project (father son/or daughter project) no kids yet but my wife is really pushing for one.I'm building the rallye exactly how I want it no corner s cut . The sunroof car is for my wife she thinks I sold it a few years ago and is still pissed about it it's sitting in a storage garage waiting for me to get extra cash for the paint job then I'll borrow a friend's garage for a few weeks after and finish it off and surprise her with it .

400sforever

sounds like a good plan! I bought my wife a 73 triple black factory 440 se car because she is obsessed with black too! It was setup as a drag car and was painted orange and still is because it ended up being a winning drag car...shes not going to let me get away with that for much longer so im in the same situation you are haha
1974 dodge charger se 512 cubic inches, 3.91 suregrip

340chargerrallye

Yeah as long as mines happy I can get away with what ever but up until I said I sold hers she let me buy parts when ever I wanted since hers "left" I can't order anything in front of her or I get chewed out

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002