News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car going into Summit Racings new building!!! UPDATE 6/2

Started by yellowcuda, April 08, 2006, 12:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcuda

Ok, I had mentioned a few weeks ago that Summit Racing opened a new facility here in Georgia and they are trying to woo over the Mopar people from Year One.  They called our club (North Georgia Mopar Club) and told them they needed a highly modified Mopar for their showroom to let people know they were getting into the Mopar stuff.  Our club recommended Jonathan's blown hemi car.  We filled out the paperwork 2 weeks ago and sent in the pictures. 
Yesterday they called raving about the car.  They want it to be in their showroom May 9-May 23.  They loved the car but we think it is funny that not even one part came from Summit. hehe  If anyone is around these parts about that time stop by and see one of our babies on display! ;D ;D ;D

Oh for those of you that for some weird reason haven't seen it...this is the car they are taking.

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

andy74

phat69charger

That's good stuff, I guess they looked at Barrett Jackson and see what type of cars have been bringing the most resale money, and they what to get a piece of the pie.

Brock Samson

They know a good thing when they see it,.. eh?..

Congrats!  ;D

TruckDriver

Cool! :2thumbs:

If it's not booked after that, I'd like to have it in front of my house for a month too :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

moparsons

jackel440

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RD

how cool is that?  so, did summit give you guys free stuff or great discounts???  congrats!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparsinbarns

if Summit watched BJ and saw what Hemi cars are selling for on there, make sure that Johnathan keeps the keys for the car at his house cuz if he dosent..u never know, Summit could go sell it on BJ or Ebay and then tell Johanthan that it was "stolen" from their showroom.
Mopar Or No Car!!!!!!!!

bull

That's very cool. Be sure to post pics of it in the showroom here once it goes in.

Charger_Fan

Congrats, Shelley & Jonathan! I knew they'd accept your car. ;D :yesnod:

Quote from: Silver R/T on April 08, 2006, 06:43:35 PM
nice 68
Quote from: moparsinbarns on April 08, 2006, 08:57:13 PM
..u never know, Summit could go sell it on BJ or Ebay and then tell Johanthan that it was "stolen" from their showroom.
:crazy: :crazy: What's that saying? Oh yeah..."it's hard to soar like an eagle when you work with a bunch of TURKEYS!!"  :slap:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

yellowcuda

Well as far as the stealing part, they match the amount of insurance you have on the car so I am sure they don't want to be out that either.
Jonathan is currently taking orders for September hehe  (the car is a chick magnet)

And thank you, it is nice for a '68 or a '69 or whatever other year you might think. ;D

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

limey

Don't care what year it is....congratulations, that is an awesome car... O0 Cool! ..what colour is that. Is it standard plum crazy, or something a little more..exotic?Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

BigBlackDodge

Charger1970

That is cool news Shelly. Maybe you can post a time when you and Jonathan will be there with the car so some of us can swing by and meet you guys.

QuoteIs that the Summit by I-75?
Yes, she's talking about the new distrubution center in McDonnough. :cheers:
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

yellowcuda

Quote from: limey on April 09, 2006, 01:22:06 PM
Don't care what year it is....congratulations, that is an awesome car... O0 Cool! ..what colour is that. Is it standard plum crazy, or something a little more..exotic?Limey

Plum Crazy was too "purpley" -Jonathan's word- for him.  He went with Prowler Purple.  Not an original Charger color but it is a Mopar color :angel:

We can post before we head up there.  We know we are bringing the car to them on Monday May 8th.  Don't know the time yet.  We are picking it up I believe on May 24th.

You know you guys are always welcome to come here too.  We have people dropping in that we don't know all the time just to see the cars.  I think some people keep coming by to see the cars and not us :-\

Anyway...website folk always have an open door, and there is always sweet tea and an empty passenger seat in the hemi (unless I am in it) :icon_smile_cool:

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

yellowcuda

OK, car got delayed with Jonathan's weird schedule.  Car is going this Monday 6/5 and will be on display until the 23rd.  Kinda scary to see our car in someone elses hands.  If any locals get a chance go by and see her, make sure she isn't lonely.
We will try to take some pictures of her there and put them here. ;D

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda