News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jerry Seinfeld / Will Ferrell ~ Kevin Hurd's Petty Blue 'Bird

Started by PettyMower, December 23, 2015, 06:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PettyMower

Kevin Hurd's beautiful Petty-Blue Superbird was chosen for Jerry Seinfeld's interview with Will Ferrell.

(Click this link, then click the PLAY button)

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/

The 'Bird was hauled from The Eastern Shore of Maryland to L.A. for the web-based show.

Tune on early January...should be the second episode.

Ghoste

Nice!  That will officially make that episode and the one with the Challenger TA my two favorites from that series.

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

crj1968

Love everything about that car. Perfect.  That trailer is pretty dang cool too

Ghoste

Yeah actually, I don't think I've seen a rollback with a lid before.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

crj1968

Seinfeld standing on the wing.   :o  always blows my mind that the wing can support a person's weight.

PettyMower

I've seen pics of (3) grown men standing on a wing, and (3) more standing on the trunk lid. I believe they were watching a NASCAR race.

When I purchased mine, I drove it in a Christmas parade. Had (2) friends sitting on the wing tossing candy out to kids.

C5X DAYTONA

Here is Kevin's bird in my garage the morning of the shoot.   Thanks Kevin.  Now I want a Petty Blue Superbird..
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

C5X DAYTONA

This one is for Doug Croxford.    Jerry said it's the only 50th anniversary built with the twin turbo wide body .   Now I sound like the guy that says to me when I am in the Daytona that he had a Superbee just like my Daytona.

C5X DAYTONA

This was the first stop.  California Speedway for some road course footage.   Next stop Irwindale Speedway

C5X DAYTONA

Jerry hanging on the wing.   Jerry made a comment during the shot that if you have one of these you better hang on to it..   Don't know if the scene will make the cut.

C5X DAYTONA

What I didn't get any shots of was Jerry and I doing laps with both cars.   With a walkie talkie in one hand,  a cell in the other would of not been good..

C5X DAYTONA

That is one heck of a nice tow rig. 

PettyMower

Redbird

I'm really looking forward to the episode.

I really enjoy how the cars get picked to match the guest, and even though it is about nothing, things come through. I get the sense of how hard Jerry Seinfeld really works and cares about what he presents. My feeling is that when people are really competent, all the important stuff happens between what is planned.

I loved the show with Ali Wentworth. The MB was just too cool. When I was about 30 I was in San Francisco. I met a friend there and her mom had the same car, we got to use it. It was the perfect car to be in a major city with. A MB 280 4 seat vert. is a perfect car.

The Amy Schumer episode where the Ferrari Daytona basically broke down and puked itself said a lot. One would think the owner would have had that thing in a major shop for an extended prep before the episode.

I wonder what the ticket for the Lamborghini Miura cost, not that it mattered..... . That's a shame.

The T/A Challenger episode had every Mopar owner's nightmare, the hot engine would not re-start. How many times have we all experienced that. If only someone would have poured a Diet Coke with ice on the fuel pump, someone put a screwdriver in the center carb and the ensuing fireball, that would have said it all. I just hope the Superbird works.

The President's episode where he says "you didn't sell it" and Jerry floors it entering the gate was beyond cool.

Fred Armsden in the Saab 99 fit him perfectly.

The preview of Steve Martin and what looks like a very inopportune breakdown should be really good.

If only they could do every 1 out of 5 shows with Larry David being the host and Larry just going off that would cinch it for me.

PettyMower

PettyMower

Tonight @ 11:30 PM (Eastern)!

You'll be able to click the link above, taking you directly to the video.

XS29L9B2

XS29L9B2

thank you when you have episode with a bird send here a link thank you  :2thumbs:

PettyMower

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on February 03, 2016, 01:42:06 PM
thank you when you have episode with a bird send here a link thank you  :2thumbs:

After 11:30 PM tonight, the link at the top of this thread will take you directly to the Superbird video. And it will remain the Superbird link until a week from now. Then it will become the most recent video.

XS29L9B2

Aero426

Great episode.  The photography is beautiful.  The footage of Jerry and Sean on the race track was pretty cool too. 

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)