News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dana 60 hemi charger rear end??

Started by rikubot, December 20, 2015, 11:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikubot

From what I've read, that's what it sounds like to me too. The pedal is hard to push, and it seems to get worse after the first few depressions. But would this also make the stopping power worse?
'69 Charger, 440/727

Dino

You bet.  A booster only works in stopping the car when it's fully functional.  One small leak and all bets are off.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

rikubot

Hmmmm it all makes sense now.  Things that are painfully obvious to many are not so with yours truly. It's part of my genius, I swear. Where's a good place to look for a new booster?
'69 Charger, 440/727

Dino

If you want stock I say get the disc booster.  Place an ad in the wanted section for a Bendix booster.  There's new ones on ebay for $250 and I think they require you enlarge the firewall hole just a tad.  Someone here may have an original one only requiring a new coat of paint.

You can also conact Dr. Diff.  He sells them a well but I don't know if they're originals or repros.

I have a brand new Raybestos MC36283 disc master if you're interested.  Ports are on the driver side.  I'm going with a completely different system so no longer have a use for it.  PM me if you're interested.    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/agb-mc36283
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

rikubot

I appreciate it but I got a disc master through a trade with a buddy. I do have another question for ya, though.

Will this work with my car? I'm not super picky as far as getting repro parts and stuff. As long as it works well and looks similar I'm happy. And are they different for disc and drum setups?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Brake-Booster-Vacuum-w-o-Master-Cylinder-Cardone-54-73603-Reman-/262204120124?fits=Year%3A1969%7CModel%3ACharger&hash=item3d0c955c3c:g:mEsAAOSwYaFWeX5b&vxp=mtr
'69 Charger, 440/727

rikubot

I've been looking a little more, looks like the boosters are specific to drum-drum and disc-drum setups. I'm wondering if I should just buy the disc booster and disc brakes right now. it would set me back about $530 but that's what PayPal Credit is for!
'69 Charger, 440/727