News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Charger Custom Fit Car Cover With Go Wing or best 2nd gen. charger cover

Started by moparmendy, December 18, 2015, 03:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparmendy

Hi all...What is the best fitting 1970 charger custom car cover with go wing, if there is one, and if not I'll throw it out to the best overall 2nd generation car cover for fit and durablility and protection?
If you would not mind, please give me a part/item number if you have a recommendation.
Thanks,
Gary

303 Mopar

California Car Cover and select modified or call them to talk about your wing.  Pricey but best cover out there.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Ghoste

Wouldn't most covers have enough spare material to easily cover a wing?

myk

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120745.0.html

I spent a wallet cringing $400 on my California Custom Car cover, and it's one of the best things I ever bought for the car.  I've had the cover a couple weeks and it's already withstood rains, winds, and dirt.  It's also form fitting and looks good on the car.  Check out their website, you can decide among 8 different covers to choose from, based on your budget and needs.  The warranty for 3 or 4 years is also a great plus....

Brock Lee

I had California Car Cover tailor one for my Charger and its pushbar on the front. It is perfect. It has been around about 7 years now and it looks and fits exactly the same as the day I opened the box.

myk

303 Mopar

Do it once and do it right.  They do fit nice and snug so will need to call and give them dimensions of your wing.  The grey is no extra charge and looks good, but the blue cover on my Cuda was extra (order it match the B5 color).  You can get up to seven(ish) numbers/letters on your cover too before they charge extra and with/without the Cal Cover logo.  One word of caution, if you elect to have the logo removed the numbers/letters will be lower across the grill instead of up on the hood like mine.  I tried it twice, but finally had them put the logo back on to move the 1968 Charger up on the hood like I wanted.  However, Cal Cover had excellent customer service and paid for shipping the cover back and forth twice no questions asked.

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

bill440rt

Are you concerned with an indoor or outdoor cover for protection?

If you need an indoor cover, might I suggest like others have mentioned a Plushweave from California Car Cover. I have two of them on 2 Chargers, both fit excellent and are very thick and soft. They are not for outdoor storage, but will protect against light dampness like dew & stuff. Not really for outdoors, but for inside the garage they are really excellent, high quality covers.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Brock Lee

Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 19, 2015, 12:54:57 PM
You can get up to seven(ish) numbers/letters on your cover too before they charge extra and with/without the Cal Cover logo. 

They will actually do a custom logo if you supply the artwork. It has been so long that I can't remember if I paid more for that or not. I think it was no extra as I had it in a ready to go EPS format.

moparmendy