News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

400 BB

Started by slyfox, December 13, 2015, 03:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slyfox

Hi, I own a 76 Cordoba with a 400, now with a 4 barrel Edelbrock intake with a 600 CFM Eldelbrock carb. I installed a dual Exhaust  with  hemi mufflers from Accurate exhaust, no center exhaust piece, motor as only 55,000 miles on it, what would be the best cam and heads to get 300 to 400 horse power out of it?. i have a 2.76 gear in it, plan to change it to a 3.23, what torque converter for the transmission would be good, Thansmission was rebuilt about 3000 miles ago. Thanks...Sly

71charger_fan

I pulled a 400 out of a junked Cordoba. Resurfaced the heads just enough to clean them up for gasket seal, used the Mopar Performance shim head gaskets, roller timing chain, and a mild cam with lift in the mid-.4 range, Edelbrock Perfomer, Thermoquad, and an otherwise stock rebuild. With 3.23 gears and 275/60-15s, it pushed my Charger down the track in 14.48. Since that time is on par with period road tests of 440 R/T Chargers, I'm guessing at HP in the 335-350 range.