News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vegas to vermont to pick up a charger

Started by cbrestorations, December 11, 2015, 07:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

I'm driving from Las Vegas to vermont to pick up a 68 charger and a ton of extra parts from the guy. Taking highway 40 to the 44 then the 70. Any cool mopar junkyards to visit on my journey?

Trulyvintage

If you are pulling a trailer - drop down to I-40 & take that across.

I just came across I-80 from Wisconsin - not the way to go particularly if the weather is bad ...  :scratchchin:

Jim  :chatting:

Lennard

Yeah,  Wisconsin and minesnowta are a mess. My semi used to be white...now it's gray. ;D

VegasCharger

When are you going Chris? That's going to be a haul. Like 2600+ miles. I Google mapped the middle of Vermont as a reference.

Actually I'll be in Ohio during xmas.

Good luck on your travels. :cheers:

Lennard

He's on the road already. Last night he arrived in Ohio.

cbrestorations

Naw I'll be in Ohio today, I'm trailing you lennard by about 4hrs lol, I was gonna play catchup last night but got too tired.

Lennard

skip68

Post some pictures lennard.   :drool5: :cheers: 
Actually both you guys.   :2thumbs: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Lennard

Tried it plenty times...I'm over it. :-\
It also isn't Charger related if I'm posting pictures of the white scenery.  ;D

skip68

I take it it's hard to do on the road?   Oh well.  Enjoy the drive.  Watch out for the idiots out there cut you off or don't let you over.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Lennard

I meant that I'm over trying to post pictures on this website.  :lol:
Have you been a truck driver...that you know about those idiots?

cbrestorations

If I find any cool mopar stuff I will, maybe the guy in Vermont knows of some places. This forum does suck for posting pics

skip68

No.  But I've been towing trailers forever.  Boats, travel trailers etc.  
Not at the scale of what you drive though.    :icon_smile_wink:
That's a bit big for my comfort zone. 

Lennard

Quote from: skip68 on December 12, 2015, 12:44:39 PM
No.  But I've been towing trailers forever.  Boats, travel trailers etc. Not at the scale of what you drive though.    :icon_smile_wink:
That's a bit big for my comfort zone. 
I've heard that before.  :smilielol:

tan top

Quote from: skip68 on December 12, 2015, 12:17:28 PM
Post some pictures lennard.   :drool5: :cheers: 
Actually both you guys.   :2thumbs: 

yep , what chuckie  said  :yesnod: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

sounds like a awesome road trip  !!  looking forward to hearing & seeing  pictures of the adventure  :yesnod: :cheers: :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

XS29L

Quote from: cbrestorations on December 11, 2015, 07:37:13 PM
I'm driving from Las Vegas to vermont to pick up a 68 charger and a ton of extra parts from the guy. Taking highway 40 to the 44 then the 70. Any cool mopar junkyards to visit on my journey?
Were in Vermont are you heading to ?
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Kern Dog

Quote from: cbrestorations on December 12, 2015, 12:37:13 PM
If I find any cool mopar stuff I will, maybe the guy in Vermont knows of some places. This forum does suck for posting pics

I heard that too. Lucky the site is free, right?

Are you doing the Kowalski alertness regimen? Amphetamines and cigarettes?

XS29L

Your going to be a little over an hour south of me. In East Montpellier there is a guy that has a bunch of muscle cars that he wants tons of money for. Some cars are parts car only quality but it's a cool spot to checkout.  When do you expect to be in Vermont.  The weather is very mild for December.  
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

XS29L

One more thing , make sure to pickup some maple syrup to take home. You'll be glad you didn't !
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Kern Dog

I guess that is a NO on the aphetamines.....?

cbrestorations

Lol naw...it definitely was an adventure getting this charger though. Had to go way off the beaten path of vermont, thru two lane dense wooded highway. Then off that 2 lane highway to basically a single lane wide old road thru a town if you sneezed, you passed it. Then down a single gravel road with old old houses. Then down a down hill dog leg single wide muddy dead end road with a steep hill on one end and a creek on the other, that if you stopped, you got stuck. Only to find that I had to turn around and there was no room. We had to disconnect  the trailer and drag it to the side by hand, turn it around and all while in the mud of course...then had to Austin Powers the truck just to end up getting stuck, after that fiasco we man handled the trailer up to the car just to find that the truck couldn't make it up the hill cuz of the mud. Eventually getting up the hill by zig zagging up it. We finally got the car loaded, strapped and kept the mph up when getting out of that mess so I didn't get stuck again.  Talk about out in the sticks...

Lennard

Wow, that doesn't sound like a fun road trip at all. :eek2:

Mytur Binsdirti

Every 3rd house in VT has a yard full of junk on their property.

myk

You're Richard Rawlings, aren't you?