News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Krown" Rustproofing. Reviews?

Started by stripedelete, December 10, 2015, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stripedelete

Krown is mostly available in Canadia. I'm considering it for a rust free, 1999, Suburban.

Any reviews, feedback, first hand experience (even second hand) would be greatly appreciated.

myk

Like what products to use?  POR 15, Zero Rust, Rustoleum, Rust Bullet are just a few.  The key thing with any rust inhibitor is prep, though...

lukedukem

i think hes asking about "Krown Rustproofing"... when i first read it i thought "known rustproofing" too, but its the companies name.
https://www.krown.com/

i personally have never heard of them. but rustoleum is what my family of farmers have used for years.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

stripedelete

Sorry for the confusion.  Should have been more specific.  It's a Canadian thing.  So I figured some of our friends up north may have used it.

Thanks for the suggestions. 

As a rust encapsulator, I use 4:1 boiled linseed oil to Penatrol.  When it drys paint it with black Rustoluem .  It's POR15 at a fraction of the cost.

As for DYI rust prevention, there is always waste oil or grease. I had planned to use a homemade "Waxoyl"  which I our UK members may be familiar with.  It's a mix of mineral spirits, candle wax and motor oil. 

I waited too long and I don't have the heated space necessary to apply either of the above. 

I wouldn't be to concerned about it, but, the Suburban is from California.  Vehicles from the southwest and California don't do well when they hit the salt roads.  My theory is that somehow they are "etched" out there.  Anyway, the "rust clock" runs much faster for them than native vehicles.