News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where can I find a headlight switch connector for a 70 Charger?

Started by Kern Dog, December 07, 2015, 09:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

I'm having trouble locating a connector for my 1970 Charger. The one in my car still works but is melted from a 2001 incident where the headlight switch burned out. Evans does not sell under dash harnesses and M & H will not sell these connectors. They only sell complete harnesses.

VegasCharger

I might have one that's usable, let me check. I'm pretty sure ODZKing will weigh in with some info. He's pretty good about stuff like that.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Kern Dog

Thanks Vegas...I'm pretty sure that it might be a 1970 model only. The guys at Charger Specialties thought a Fury with hidden headlights might match but they were not sure.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 07, 2015, 10:13:17 PM
Thanks Vegas...I'm pretty sure that it might be a 1970 model only. The guys at Charger Specialties thought a Fury with hidden headlights might match but they were not sure.

Sorry, but I only have one that's in a complete under dash wire harness for a 68 B Body. I have another parts harness from a 69 B Body but that terminal was already missing. But FYI it looks just like the one you have pictured from your 70.

:cheers:

Kern Dog

Thanks for looking. If nobody steps up I'll have to resort to Wildcat or Stevens. I'm sure those guys will want some $$$ for one since it means disabling a harness to get it.

Bronzedodge

What about Coronet or Satellite?  There's a junkyard in York PA if you're close to there.....
Mopar forever!

Kern Dog

I think because of the rocker type switch, I am limited to a connector with that style because of the retainer clip/strap on the side. Honestly, I am not totally sure because I have little experience with the B body harnesses. I have worked on far more A body cars.

6spd68

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

ODZKing

I'm having trouble finding a part number for it.  :shruggy:
I can say it is NOT 2809038 , that is the same as my 67 and looks like this:

My assumption was that they used it for something else as well and it was not listed under "headlamp connector".
There are 2 other 5 way terminal switches listed in 1970. "Window lift" 2809016 and "Power Vent" 2584953. However no pictures.
My money is on 2584953.
Maybe Brads, Collectors or Silke's in Jacksonville would have one and can shoot you a pic.  Otherwise it is time to find a yard with a 70 Charger.
Try this place as well http://www.lectriclimited.com/wiring-mopar.htm

Kern Dog

Thank you for that. I sent that link to a guy on FBBO that asked about how to fix his fuse panel! Funny how the community works when we put our brains together.
A guy on Moparts is sending me a connector from Lansing MI. He says he wants nothing for it but I'm obliged to at least pay for shipping. Thanks everyone, Greg