News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 R/T S.E. Whats it worth?

Started by hemi-hampton, December 07, 2015, 12:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Lord Warlock

Looked pretty nice to me, but 90k is a bit higher than I would have guessed a value at.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 07, 2015, 12:14:09 AM
Seen this on ebay, does $89k sound steep with all the flaws it has? LEON.

Looks good at first glance but with mudded in rear valance seams, painted body plugs on the undercarriage and radiator core supports that aren't blacked out, one has to wonder how good of a job was really done on the car. If that car was perfect perfect, it still wouldn't be worth 89 large.

I'd say file under delusional Charger sellers, but it's probably there already.

cbrestorations

It's not even a 69 body, they put lower quarters on it and a 69 front body. The core support is still a 70 along with the k frame. I pointed that out to them and got no responce. Plus if you can see orange peel in the pictures than damn sure know it's bad in person. That car is way....over priced for quality and it's a body swap not even the original 69 body

Ghoste

Vanguard have a reputation for asking incredibly outrageous prices for their cars.

Mytur Binsdirti

Homerr

Quote from: cbrestorations on December 07, 2015, 05:37:42 AM
It's not even a 69 body, they put lower quarters on it and a 69 front body. The core support is still a 70 along with the k frame. I pointed that out to them and got no responce. Plus if you can see orange peel in the pictures than damn sure know it's bad in person. That car is way....over priced for quality and it's a body swap not even the original 69 body

Does anyone have a side by side photo comparison of 69 vs. 70 core supports?

So all those pics and no pic of VIN, fender tag, or either body number?  Only GG's report?  Looks like a rebody with an effort to skirt the issue.

chargerperson

Quote from: Ghoste on December 07, 2015, 06:29:27 AM
Vanguard have a reputation for asking incredibly outrageous prices for their cars.

I have seen Vanguard mark cars up by close to 100% based on what the car was listed at before the bought.  Recent example was a 2nd Gen green restomod which I believe they listed for about $80k or higher.

They also seem to stick to their prices as well based on my experiences.  About two years ago they had a 68 red Dodge Charger listed for $48K and I offered $40k and they only came down by only $1k even though the car failed to sell in about 4 eBay auctions over several months.  I was the high bidder, but below the reserve price, in at least two of those auctions.  Probably for the best as I naively did not inspect the car beforehand and I am sure given how they price cars it likely had issues and it was a little rough in the pictures. This was the car  http://inventory.vanguardmotorsales.com/vehicles/1776/1968-dodge-charger-watch-video

Ghoste

You gotta wonder who they do eventually sell to at those prices.

ws23rt

Quote from: Ghoste on December 07, 2015, 05:57:58 PM

It could be that exasperation sets in and they sell to the next dreamer for a real world price- to be put up for sale/show again. :shruggy: --- The fun world of flippers. :lol:

Troy

Quote from: Ghoste on December 07, 2015, 05:57:58 PM
Overseas buyers who have a hard time getting people to sell them something and who have no legal grounds if anything is misrepresented.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mytur Binsdirti

68RT440

I bet there's a lot of mud in that car with the previously mentioned valance corners, plus if you look at the quarters in the trunk pics you can see they warped the heck out of them when they welded the lowers on. The inside is still lumpy, so there's a decent amount of mud on there...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Nwcharger

In the pics you can see the vin in the core support but the top section in bolted in. Red flag in my eye.  :shruggy:
1969 coronet wagon

Lord Warlock

Sometimes I'm jealous of the degree of expertise some of the members here  have, other times I'm glad to exist in my ignorance, I would have thought the car looked pretty good overall, but would never have known it was a rebody or part one year part another, bolts where they don't belong I can usually pick up.  But while it isn't an original body nor in original shape just needing cleaning, on the surface it looks good to the ignorant. 

Personally I want the 2nd gens to pull as much value as is possible whether they are 100% original or not.  It does make me glad to have saved all the original sheetmetal on mine, but the engine and trans don't match.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

hemi-hampton

A pet peeve of mine is when they paint the Caster/Camber access plate body color. I could'nt see the Caster Camber bolts but bet they were painted also, another pet peeve, Myturbinsdirty pointed out the Door with body color painted latch, for $89k should get gold zinc plating. And holes with no plugs, Quarters with obvious visable welds inside, Bondoed rear valance corners & Rusty Pitted undercarriage painted over ( then why do I spend 2 weeks priming & sanding my Undercarriages before painting?)  & ect, ect.  I'd guess worth less then half that.  :slap:

Dino

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 07, 2015, 10:15:59 PM
A pet peeve of mine is when they paint the Caster/Camber access plate body color. I could'nt see the Caster Camber bolts but bet they were painted also, another pet peeve, Myturbinsdirty pointed out the Door with body color painted latch, for $89k should get gold zinc plating. And holes with no plugs, Quarters with obvious visable welds inside, Bondoed rear valance corners & Rusty Pitted undercarriage painted over ( then why do I spend 2 weeks priming & sanding my Undercarriages before painting?)  & ect, ect.  I'd guess worth less then half that.  :slap:

Thanks for letting me know about my access plates by the way.  I thought they were body color until you told me.  I just want to mention that I'm eventually painting those battery tray bolts in body color in case that's a pet peeve as well.   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

RallyeMike

QuoteYou gotta wonder who they do eventually sell to at those prices.

If it's shiny with a flashy sales page and good story it will sell to the less informed. It only takes 1 buyer even if there are 100 non-buyers.

$89k is ridiculous.   
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Nwcharger on December 07, 2015, 09:21:39 PM
In the pics you can see the vin in the core support but the top section in bolted in. Red flag in my eye.  :shruggy:

Damn!!!

Ghoste

Maybe they overwhelm people with all of those photos?

myk

They're just pulling a Fast & Loud.  Start off high and eventually reach the real number.  The sellers know that people get emotional and crazy when it comes to these cars; they'll sell it for more than it's worth just because of that...

Ghoste

I haven't heard of them ever getting to the "real" number though.

moparfan53

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 07, 2015, 10:15:59 PM
A pet peeve of mine is when...

Speaking of pet peeves...  ;D

Mine is when the inside lower door, below the trim panel, is painted exterior body color instead of interior color as it should be. In this case it is green, should be camel/tan to match interior.

Not a pet peeve, but I noticed no "H" pipe. I am fairly sure it would have had one when new.

I guess as we all know, "restoration" means different things to different people.  ;D

:cheers:

hemi-hampton

I get the impression of Perfume on a Pig. :pigsfly: