News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HP Big Block Exhaust Manifolds

Started by wingcar, December 02, 2015, 11:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

I have a question for all you Mopar Experts out there....I obtained a set of Big Block Exhaust Manifolds that I had intended to install on my Charger until I opted to go with headers.   The manifolds have the following Cast numbers:  3751068 (LH) and 3751071 (RH).  They are listed as being 1973 B-Body Big Block High Performance Manifolds.  No big deal, however the manifold is missing the heat control valve AND it was never drilled for one.  
So my question is:  Is this a factory mistake, or is the manifold for some special application?  Every Charger I have ever owned (and every other Mopar for that matter) has had the heat control valve.  
So what gives?   Have any of you ever seen a set of exhaust manifolds without the heat control valve?
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

richard parker

sorry i cant answer your question but how did you check what they are originally from ? did you just google the cast numbers or is there a dedicated website ? thanks

wingcar

I found a list on the "My Mopar.com site", but the list can be found on several other sites as well.  I actually did a search on Mopar exhaust manifold casting numbers and found many sources listed.  I also found a listing on eBay for a set of manifolds just like mine with the same casting numbers, but with the heat control valve.  So the information is out there.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone