News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

IS IT TO LATE TO STOP THE WORLD CANCER (MIDDLE EAST TERRORISTS)?????????

Started by skip68, November 14, 2015, 09:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

Thanks.  

I'm not as much against military action as it might sound like sometimes.  I'm just really picky about the how's and why's of it.  

Some people are just bad.  Some problems can only be fixed with bullets & bombs.  <-- On principle I agree with this.  

ws23rt

We have the talent and power to step on the bugs that are buzzing in our faces. We don't need to spray "Raid" over the world to squash a few bugs. We can swat them as they buzz using our swatters. :shruggy:
The military (that we pay for) are sitting with the rest of us waiting for leadership to let them fix things. ::)
I am very frustrated as are many about the delay in getting this shit done.

If the reluctance to act comes from concern about making a mistake?? I get that. Do we have a leader that is as scared as the rest of us?
I have a question for the leaders.  We voted for leadership and decisive decision making on the behalf of the people of this country.---So are we getting picked off bit by bit and invaded in our chosen lifestyle without adequate response by our hired protectors?
I may live in a fantasy world but --should not leaders protect us first and forget their own personal legacy?

As time passes one thing is true -(whatever the outcome for these days) a legacy will be left.

I suppose this is getting into political territory  but that seems to be the bottle neck we are enduring today. :Twocents:

skip68

When I saw our leader on t.v. after the Paris "setback", I saw a man that I think honestly didn't know what to do or say.   Can't really blame him as this entire middle east situation is a mess.   Now Turkey and Russia having a spat.   :rotz:   
We've all (our nations leaders) got to get together and figure this out.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ws23rt

The leaders of all nations are just individual humans and live in a big place. What we need is at least one (if not a few) that get off the pot and move.
A bit of momentum could be all we need. :shruggy:

The original analogy that started this thread--"world cancer" is still a helpful way of looking at our problem.
Many will die from cancer. --Many have ideas about what to do about cancer. --Sometimes an amputation is called for to (at least) prolong the patients life. If this is all we have? So be it.

When things get complicated it gives us pause. Pausing is not necessarily helpful.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

polywideblock

our illustrious leader (Australia ) is now bosom buddy's with yours   :woohoo:  :laugh:

and has suggested we enter into peace negotiations in Syria  and include isil in those talks   :eek2:   with view to them forming a coalition government   :o

WHAT A TOOL  :rotz:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

el dub

Uh oh, sounds like yours is turning into a muslem lover like ours.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

polywideblock

if you really want to get technical it worked for the IRA  (terrorism )  got them self rule ,Britain had no choice in the end . :scratchchin: :shruggy:

ws23rt

I have a question ::)  Is the Muslim world hurting from all of this?
If the answer is no what does that mean?

skip68

Poly, is your leader that dumb?   There is no negotiating with these people.  It's not peace they're interested in.  They lie and kill in barbaric ways.  They are like wild animals.   

polywideblock

Quote from: ws23rt on November 24, 2015, 10:17:37 PM
I have a question ::)  Is the Muslim world hurting from all of this?
they really want their " caliphate" and will sit back and see what happens ,either way they are going to be on the winning side  :scratchchin:

polywideblock

Quote from: skip68 on November 24, 2015, 10:20:09 PM
Poly, is your leader that dumb?   There is no negotiating with these people.  It's not peace they're interested in.  They lie and kill in barbaric ways.  They are like wild animals.   

he is a true "diplomat " he will talk them to death  ;)

skip68

The IRA had nothing on Isis.   Isis wants to kill all that don't worship Allah world wide.   To negotiate with Isis would be the same as negotiating with mass murderers.   There is no peaceful resolution.   This is a holy war to them and you will not convince them they are wrong. 

polywideblock

ws23rt

Quote from: polywideblock on November 24, 2015, 10:20:48 PM
Quote from: ws23rt on November 24, 2015, 10:17:37 PM
I have a question ::)  Is the Muslim world hurting from all of this?
they really want their " caliphate" and will sit back and see what happens ,either way they are going to be on the winning side  :scratchchin:

Hmm :scratchchin:---Could it be that they are the cancer?  And they are the invader of the bigger body?
Some creatures rely on their host's vitality to allow survival of both.--- But a cancer is not a creature.-- :shruggy:  The cancer analogy does not fit in all ways. :shruggy:

el dub

I like the part where they found a bomber vest in a garbage can. That means the guy they are looking for cant go home or they will kill him cause he didn't blow his self up.  If the French catch him they will kill him. Its a lose lose for him.

polywideblock

chuck I fixed a previous post now it might be a bit more obvious  ;)

skip68

Mike DC

I don't want a US president with personal courage.  

I don't want a president who can wear a suit of armor and ride a horse and fight with a sword, either.  

The POTUS is the most well-guarded man in all of human history.  Obama has about as much to fear from ISIS as Bush had to fear from Al Quaida.  Zilch.  These guys have more to fear from the CIA than any foreign army.  In a real invasion, literally millions Americans would end up dead before the POTUS got the first scratch on him.  The POTUS risks nothing by sending other people into combat. 

We need presidents with big brains & ethics.    

el dub

.deleted pic, may be photochop

new pic:

Mike DC

Ghoste

Quote from: polywideblock on November 24, 2015, 10:28:09 PM
they(IRA) held Britain to ransom for years  :yesnod: 

Perhaps but the IRA had a political goal which meant that negotiating was an option which existed, it was not a "jihad" endorsed by the pope which saw killing or enslaving all non-Catholic, non-Irish as a duty and a responsibility to their faith.  There is no political goal in Syria, there is only an extreme religious one which is bound by no other law or principal on the planet in their view.

skip68

That's what I'm sayin.   Our leaders know there's no negotiating with these sand diggers so I'm not worried about that happening.   
Turkey needs to get with the program IMO.    That little incident with Russia can make things hinky.   

Mike DC

I wish ISIS would do something to piss China off.  The Chinese govt is zero-fucks-given.  

skip68