News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1971 Dodge Charger R/T or 1970 Dodge Coronet R/T?

Started by NateCharger, November 11, 2015, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NateCharger

Would you sell/trade your great running 1971 Charger R/T for a 1970 Coronet R/T, in pieces. Just curious what you all believe is the better investment. I love my Charger, but I have always wanted a 70' Coronet R/T. Everything I see online says that it is worth less than my Charger though, how come?

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: NateCharger on November 11, 2015, 02:09:59 PM
Would you sell/trade your great running 1971 Charger R/T for a 1970 Coronet R/T, in pieces.

Oh God no!!!!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

NateCharger

How come? Are Coronets not that desirable? My 71' is my first Mopar, so I'm new to the scene...

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dino

if they were both in similar conditons, probably yes but not in pieces no.

I think they're both lousy investments though.  There's much better things to invest in.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

NateCharger

Both 4 barrel automatics, numbers matching. My car is pretty close to rust free, the Coronet needs a trunk pan...

polywideblock

Quote from: NateCharger on November 11, 2015, 02:31:59 PM
How come? Are Coronets not that desirable? My 71' is my first Mopar, so I'm new to the scene...

welcome to the site  :cheers:

depends who you talk to   :yesnod:   there are a few 70 coronet hater's on this site and at least one has already had his say   :nana:

I'd keep the charger but like you I've always wanted a 70 super bee    :drool5:  

worth about the same. if your rt is running its no contest a running charger as opposed to a rt coronet in pieces  :scratchchin:

what colour combo is your rt ?    pics we love pics  :yesnod:

stick to the charger until a complete running coronet rt / super bee  comes up and then jump  on it   :Twocents:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Patronus

If you have skills the Coronet is the way to go. Prob not worth it if it's in parts though.
I too love the '70 Coronets. I got plans.. :stirthepot:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Dino

Plans you say?  Alright, come on, spil the beans.   :poke:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JB400

Both are great cars, but a running, driving car is worth more than one in pieces.  However, if there was enough money going along with that Coronet, I could be persuaded to make that change.  But, I'm one that would rather drive one than have to build one.  What about you? :popcrn:

Scaregrabber

Never. No better driving muscle era Mopar than a 71 or 72 B-body.

Sheldon

myk

Cars are generally not good investments.  People need to stop looking at these cars as if they're rolling goldmines...

cincyboy

Quote from: JB400 on November 11, 2015, 09:47:21 PM
Both are great cars, but a running, driving car is worth more than one in pieces.  However, if there was enough money going along with that Coronet, I could be persuaded to make that change.  But, I'm one that would rather drive one than have to build one.  What about you? :popcrn:

My thoughts exactly.

NateCharger

Quote from: myk on November 12, 2015, 10:48:56 AM
Cars are generally not good investments.  People need to stop looking at these cars as if they're rolling goldmines...
I guess "investment" was not the right word. I am in a good position on my Charger, so I would hate to go backwards. I'm guessing I'm not the only one that keeps an eye on what these cars are selling for, that's how I stumbled across this Coronet :icon_smile_big:

polywideblock

so how about some pics or at least a description , love 71 rt's  :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

GOTWING

I would need pictures to make a decision, I love both cars in general.  :icon_smile_big:

tan top

that's the other guys said  ,   :coolgleamA: :yesnod:   , need to see pictures etc  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

NateCharger

Here is my 71' Charger R/T, original paint and metal, stripe delete car. Runs GREAT! Spare 440 in it, numbers matching motor on an engine stand, in need of a rebuild...

NateCharger

1970 Dodge Coronet R/T, numbers matching motor and tranny rebuilt, but not in car. Again, needs full trunk pan.

GOTWING

I would keep the Charger less the rims  :eek2: sorry  :pity:       

:popcrn:

Derwud

Love 70 Coronets, how much out right for the car? The thing the scares me with 70 B bodies, Fenders and Grilles. Right front fender looks beat and can't see Grilles.
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Daytona R/T SE

That coronet is a piece of junk compared to your Charger.

The guy is trying to screw you.

HARD.

NateCharger

He is asking $15k for it. My car just needs a dash pad and paint. My car has got to be worth more than that...