News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Windows 10 more issues

Started by Paul G, November 01, 2015, 11:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

I think the problems are with Win 10 and not the laptop PC. It is an ASUS laptop less than a year old, came with Win 8, upgraded to Win 10. Win 10 has worked good till recently. Now I am having issues.

*Sleep doesnt work. The thing wont just sleep, it does a full restart including requiring the password. Power button, sleep button and closing the lid all are selected to put it to sleep.

*Password required on wakeup is off, but it requires the password anyway. Probably because it is not waking up, it is restarting.

*restart is slower than it used to be

I did full system scans with Advance System Care 8, C Cleaner, and Spybot, even in safe mode. No help.

I updated all the drivers using Advanced system Care 8. No help.

Is it a manufacturer issue with the brand of equipment, or windows that keeps having issues?

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

69Charger_440

Windows 10 sux.  I have had issues with my computer ever since installing W10.  Big thumbs down.  I've tried checking for updates, etc. to no avail.  Not sure where to go from here.

Lord Warlock

I had two ASUS laptops that were finicky updating prior to the upgrade, but both have been working fine since the upgrade.  I gave my laptop to my daughter once I got windows 10 loaded on it. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

myk

Windows 10 is still in its infancy.  I would either revert back to 8 or "upgrade" to 7...

John_Kunkel

Bought a used laptop with W10 already installed...no issues but I still like W7 better. I did, however, immediately deactivate all the snooping by opening Settings and clicking on Privacy. There, you'll find 13 different screens — yes, 13 — to go through, and you can disable anything that seems worrying. Also deleted all the junk I'll never use.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ponch ®

Ive been wanting to upgrade my Asus to W10, but the software I use to take exams is not compatible w 10 yet so Ive been holding off. That being said, we did upgrade Mrs Ponch's 4 year old laptop which ran like crap with W7 and seems to be much better w W10.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

68charger440

Quote from: myk on November 02, 2015, 09:49:46 AM
Windows 10 is still in its infancy.  I would either revert back to 8 or "upgrade" to 7...
8 is worse than 10, so back to 7 is best option.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!