News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

April update Dodgecharger.com car***ADDED GARAGE PICS***

Started by yellowcuda, April 05, 2006, 12:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcuda

Sorry I am 4 days late...had surgery last Friday and this was the LAST thing on my mind.  Now I am bored from laying around and have time to do this.

Well, in stripping the paint off the back wrecked part of the '68 Jonathan made the decision that he is going to make most of the car himself.  Pretty much the car will have to be amputated from the sail panel back and have a new back end attached.  We are attempting to buy a car to donate this.  We found a front wrecked car in a swamp of a junk yard in Tennessee.  They want 2500.00 for this car that has very little left of it.  It does appear to have a usable back end though.  Will update that more in May.
Donations are the same, not sure if I will accept any more donations of money anyway, due to controversy here.  Would like some opinions on that.  We will always accept donations of people time and that too is put in the book that goes with the car.  Thank you to everyone that has offered parts.  We just simply aren't sure what to tell you.  There is so little with this car that to list parts would take copying the entire book of Year One and posting it.  We will be able to tell more once the "breaking down" phase is over.  We did get the electricity on in the garage (finally) so Jonathan's welder is up and running ;D
Due to my surgery I don't have any new pics of the car or the garage.  I will post those when I can, but here are some old pics for those of you that forgot what we are working on.
For those of you that don't know...this car was donated to us by Travis and we are restoring it to be the official car of this site.  We are documenting the entire process (Jonathan does all steps of the resto himself) through pictures and there will be a book that goes with this car to shows that tells people the names of all of those that donated money, time, or parts.  We will have a plaque on the inside of the car stating that it is the official Dodge Charger.com car and we will also have it painted on the outside in some form as well.  If you want to see some samples of our other resto's that Jonathan has finished please visit or webshots page listed below (there are also pics of the dodgecharger.com car too).
http://community.webshots.com/user/shellhunt

Take care!!!
Shelley

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

Charger_Fan

Thanks for the update, Shelley. ;D
I hope your surgery wasn't for anything too serious or life threatening. :-\

Regarding money donations, I agree, it does seem to be a touchy thing for some people. Myself, I would be happy to donate money (when I can) for this project & wouldn't expect to have any strings attached. I believe that most members who know about this project feel the same, but then there's always the minority who can't see it that way. I don't know a good answer. :ahum:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

yellowcuda

OK, I gimped outside for these pics...before I hear about it, yes it is true.  There really is a Mustang (or muskrat as Jonathan calls them) in our garage.  We got it almost free in great shape, it will be our only resto and sell project.
I had to take some pics of my Cuda too, just because, and people were asking for garage pics. The unfinished part of the garage is the upstairs storage. It is hard to get in a good pic. because it is "L" shaped with 3 garage doors, but I tried:

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

yellowcuda

More:

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

yellowcuda

last ones

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

greenpigs

So whats the deal with the Rustang?

A Trans Am racer would be a cool use of the car.

Hope things went well with your surgery.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

yellowcuda

Quote from: yellowcuda on April 05, 2006, 04:40:17 PM
OK, I gimped outside for these pics...before I hear about it, yes it is true.  There really is a Mustang (or muskrat as Jonathan calls them) in our garage.  We got it almost free in great shape, it will be our only resto and sell project.

I put in a disclaimer! ;D  Jonathan won't park it next to the finsihed Chargers or the Cuda, it is inbetween the '68 dodge truck and the '68 Charger.com car.  He thinks the car is probably scared out of it's mind wondering how it got into "moparland".
Seriously, it is a VERY easy resto..everything is there and hardly any rust.  Engine starts up and all.  We bought it for 1500.00 and can restore it for less than 8000.00 is our best estimate.  We should be able to flip it in less than a year and make pretty good money from it.  We NEVER sell the mopars but this ones got to go!

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

moparsinbarns

Mopar Or No Car!!!!!!!!

twilt

:scratchchin: :scratchchin:  If Ya`ll would like a good lead on some 2nd Gen Chargers much closer than Tenn., let me know. I know of a place REAL REAL close by with 5-6 in various states of disrepair. I didn`t look at them close as i am partial to my 3rd Gens and was in somewhat of a hurry. I did make a purchase from the guy and felt i got a real fair deal.

yellowcuda

Quote from: twilt on April 05, 2006, 07:13:30 PM
:scratchchin: :scratchchin:  If Ya`ll would like a good lead on some 2nd Gen Chargers much closer than Tenn., let me know. I know of a place REAL REAL close by with 5-6 in various states of disrepair. I didn`t look at them close as i am partial to my 3rd Gens and was in somewhat of a hurry. I did make a purchase from the guy and felt i got a real fair deal.

Definite!  Whatcha got?  You can PM me if you want.

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

TruckDriver

I hope everything is ok and the your surgury wasnt something serious. I plan on donating some time once I get moved down there this fall. That's if Tom doesn't keep me worn out junk yarding ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

twilt

SuBLimE 69

Gald to see you guys have to that garage finished and full of projects.  the Mustang will be an easy resto comapred to and mopar.  I have done two complete frame off jobs on a 65 coupe drag car and a 65 fastback.  Been awhile but I might be able to lend a hand if needed.  I also am dying to get over there and put smoe work on the DC.com car. 
Tell Jonathan i said hello !

Doug

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

I'd love a garage like that. :drool5:

...and everything else in there too, of course. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

I can donate the pass side sail panel off of this car.  And anything else if you want it.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10781.msg126718.html#msg126718

PM me your shipping address if you want something.

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

hey  Shelley
speedy recovery to you. take it easy , don't rush to go back to work. make sure you heal first. man i dig your garage. you did a great job on building it. i have my own dreams of my own monster garage. good luck Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

yellowcuda

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 06, 2006, 10:32:25 PM
I can donate the pass side sail panel off of this car.  And anything else if you want it.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10781.msg126718.html#msg126718

PM me your shipping address if you want something.

Paul
in St. Paul

I will get with Jonathan and see if this would work...I am sure that it probably will.

Shipping address for anyone that has '68 items is:

Jonathan and Shelley
2730 Atkinson Road
Loganville GA 30052

Make sure if you send a part that you include your first and last name and your screenname so that your name can go in the book as donating that part. :icon_smile_big:
I will let you know for sure on the sail panel tomorrow.

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

yellowcuda

Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on April 05, 2006, 08:34:50 PM
Gald to see you guys have to that garage finished and full of projects.  the Mustang will be an easy resto comapred to and mopar.  I have done two complete frame off jobs on a 65 coupe drag car and a 65 fastback.  Been awhile but I might be able to lend a hand if needed.  I also am dying to get over there and put smoe work on the DC.com car. 
Tell Jonathan i said hello !

Doug

we will probably take you up on that Doug!  You know you are welcome anytime.  I am trying to figure out a good time to plan a meet here again, giving everyone plenty of time to plan.  I was thinking August or September, but I am trying to find a month were there is a car show going on the same day near us.  I would really like to look at October, it is cooler outside and the weather is usually great, but kids are in school.  Give me some opinions...and that means all you southeastern people.

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger_Fan

Highbanked Hauler

69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Nacho-RT74

Count on me on send some money donation once I get some stuff that a friend of mine has up there to me ;) and know how much rest.

Once I get some NOS stuff for 68 down here, I'll let you know and if you still need I'll send
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html