News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Washer bottle hose

Started by Dino, October 11, 2015, 02:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

A few years ago I bought a repro washer bottle as my original one was too brittle to use.  I just put the washer bottle back in place and forgot all about the hose being a tad short.  I can get it to the washer nozzle connetor but I can barely get it into the plastic loop near the firewall and the hose is pretty taut.  I feel like it should be several inches longer.  Were they like this or do I need to buy a new hose?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

Never mind guys, it's a ribbed hose but it will be replaced with a parts store hose, it's just too short.  I don't get it.

Where is the ground wire for the pump go by the way?  I had it under the washer bottle tab closest to the front of the car but I don't like the look of it.  Now that the engine bay is white, the black wire doesn't hide well anymore.   :icon_smile_big:

A383Wing

wire is supposed to go on the washer bottle mounting screw.....

or if you are not building a 100% point concourse car, put it where you want

Dino

So it just goes on top of the bottle tab?  For some reason I thought I'd seen it under the tab.  I'll shorten it up and run it to the other screw then.  It'll look  a bit cleaner.

A383Wing

I have seen them both ways, above and below.....do what makes you happy