News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger R/T-restoration well under way

Started by 68moparbob, October 10, 2015, 06:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68moparbob

Well, it's been a while since I have posted anything on here about the Charger restoration.  I have tried several time to post pics but the files are too large and I just have not taken the time to try to figure out how to reduce them and get them posted. I'll give you a quick update and try to keep the progress current going forward.  If anyone has a quick link on how to reduce the pic size for posting, I am all ears.
- I actually started the restoration in February 2014.  Removed every thing from the car and stripped it down to the body only.  Documented it along the way with over 1200 reference pics. Removed the rear quarters, rear deck, and the lower valance.
- Back in July (on the hottest 3 days of the year) I sandblasted the body and applied 3 coats of Evercoat FinishSand primer. Replaced the driver's side floor pan and prepped the body for new AMD quarter panels quarters, rear deck, lower rear window frame, lower valance and those nerve plucking valance corners.  I have worked on those things in the evenings for the past week and finally I feel good about them.  I plan on installing them today.
-Most of the pieces have been blasted and primed, but there are a few that I will be doing this Fall.
- The car had very little rust but it did have some body filler from an accident before I had the car the first time in 1978.  The car has been sitting in a garage for the past 30+ years before I got it back last year.
- I have most of the parts for the restoration and right now, all I need is time. I am hoping to have Everything ready for paint by the end of the year and will be painting it in the early Spring.  I am hoping to have it near completion by October/November 2016.
Will keep you posted.

phantom

Sounds like you are well under way  :2thumbs: Try using Photobucket, and copy/paste the images ;)