News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to pickup a 1971 Charger Superbee

Started by velrob, October 07, 2015, 10:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

velrob

I found someone local that has lower portion of quarter panels which I need.  Price looks pretty good.  Crossing my fingers.

They sell a fiberglass superbee insert also.

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/charger.html

anyone deal with these guys?

Seems they even have a fiberglass bumper ????? not that I would use that but whats the point of that? lol

everything else looks pretty solid.  both frame rails at back are shot along with the front right.

im just waiting for my new coil to arrive so i can start the motor up before i dismantle it.

im just shopping around for the parts.

Seems one of my caliper guide plates are messed.  Does anyone know if i can pick it up from parts store or do i need to find that also from donor car?

--

scratch that they are like 3x the cost.   their website prices are very old.

velrob

im also looking for the dash insert if anyone has one

i bought the superbee emblem so i just need the insert.

vegascharger emailed me, he has one.   just noticed ;)

but i'd need to change the satellite emblem to charger.    would that be possible?

71_Charger_R/T

Yes!  It's no problem to change out the dash emblems. There are three pins with little metal sleeves. Push them out from the back side and you won't scratch the woodgrain or break the emblem. If the "super bee" emblem didn't come with the metal sleeves, you can take them off the satellite emblem and put them on the "bee" emblem.

velrob

Quote from: polywideblock on October 12, 2015, 09:27:02 PM
check the seam that goes from one side to the other  on the fire wall it is where the cowl and firewall panels meet

you can see it in this pic  

this is a 71 challenger but gives an idea of what is behind the seem shows top and bottom halves

and don't forget to pull the kick panels and look inside A pillar  :yesnod:

i will take a look closer.  But from what I can see with the motor there it looks solid.

VegasCharger

Quote from: velrob on October 13, 2015, 01:35:29 PM

where are you located?

Im interested in the rear frame rails.

Las Vegas, NV is my location :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

velrob

Can anyone let me know if this looks warped?

I also need the hood release lever.

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

velrob

Quote from: CDN72SE on October 14, 2015, 11:39:07 AM
Yes, looks bent and a bit damaged.

Im trying to find a picture how it looks so I can straighten it back

Does it still bend like that or is it supposed to be straight?

polywideblock

nos 71 charger  hoodlatch support   

71 mopar hoodlatch support   

again 71 challenger but its the only one that shows it properly   

hope this helps  :cheers:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

hemi-hampton

velrob

Thanks alot.  Looks like I found a bracket.  If anyone has the release latch  in picture please let me know.

----------

Ive figured it out.  Seems the hood portion has the lever and not the mechanism on the bracket like the picture below.

I found a diagram how the cable travels.  Where is the pull knob supposed to be attached on the dash?

In the diagram I found it shows its mounted top left on dash but that cant be correct as I have no hole for it.   My lights and wiper fluid knobs are there.

Pete in NH

My 71 has the hood release handle under the dash board between the steering column and door. It's a small chrome plated handle marked HOOD.

velrob

Would you be able to take a picture?

i have the brake release lever but not sure where the hood release lever goes.

I see a hole in the firewall where I assume it travels through.

polywideblock

it goes just above brake release handle, here's my 71 se  

see it above the brake handle  :scope:

velrob

Ah i see :)

Thank you.   :cheers:

Ordered some stuff from AMD just waiting for it

Working out ordering rails as well.

Picking up a media blasting tank tomorrow and need to look for a welder as well.

Checked compression on the motor looks like I can get some mileage out of it without a rebuild yet.     Going to rebuild the carb.      Going to remove the motor and paint everything.

Whats best paint for painting the headers/block/etc?

:2thumbs:

Dino

Engine enamel or urethane.  The 2K single stage urethane you paint with a gun is the toughest but the spray can enamel will do a nice job as well.  It's all in the prep.  Painting headers is pretty hopeless.  If you have to try then use something like stove paint.

The Hobart 140 is a great little welder.  Get a C25 tank for it and you're good to go.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

velrob

Thanks for the info.

I had a question about the trunk floor.  i was wondering if anyone installed a new trunk floor before?  And if they did were they able to fit the full piece trunk floor into the trunk opening?

Please see picture attached they sell a full piece trunk floor and two halves.

I dont know if I will be able to fit the trunk floor into the trunk opening.   less welding with the full piece.

Dino

No you cannot fit the one piece floor through the opening which is why the two piece system exists.  If you need to remove the rear panel however then you can slide the one piece floor in from the rear.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

polywideblock

none of mine have needed floors(had both quarters done  on the roadrunner ), but as far as I know if your doing the quarters you can slip the one piece through from one side. otherwise it won't fit and you need to use the 2 piece trunk floor  :scratchchin:

velrob

Im only doing half of the quarter not the full panel

I guess i will order the two piece trunk floor

thanks alot.

velrob

Can someone tell me if front rails from a challenger would fit the 71 charger?

Im talking to a local store and he wasn't sure himself

thanks

polywideblock

velrob

Problem is im in Canada and the store is local to me

Plus classic industries has it as back ordered

How quick do they restock if someone orders?

polywideblock

can't help with restock question ,I must have been lucky everything I've ordered was in stock ready to go

importing into commonwealth countries is fun isn't it   :angel:

velrob

all that classic industry has is those stupid Safe-T caps

on top of that they are backordered

can anyone tell me if the challenger front frame rail would work on a charger?  same year