News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what is your power steering belt brand/number?

Started by nvrbdn, October 03, 2015, 10:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

I have the GATES 7480 belt going from crank, fan and power steering pump. I think it is just a bit wide. It is definitely worn, but squeals every time I accelerate more than just a normal pull away. My son said this belt doesn't cross reference to a thinner belt. Any suggestions?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

would like to see a picture of this set up...P/S belts on my cars do not go around the fan pulley, just the crank pulley

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

lukedukem

Advanced auto, PN 46017. Mine too goes around fan, crank, then power steering pulley.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

nvrbdn

yep, I have looked around, and that is the way most are, and the way it says it is supposed to be according to the part store books. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 03, 2015, 05:50:31 PM
yep, I have looked around, and that is the way most are, and the way it says it is supposed to be according to the part store books. :yesnod:

you have an AC crank pulley on yours, and the wrong water pump pulley....I have never seen the PS belt go around the crank, water pump, and then the PS pump while the alt belt is a stand alone drive

:scratchchin:

nvrbdn

yep, the car was an A/C car. and agree with the wrong water pump pully. time to look for new parts. :scratchchin:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

you will need a double groove crank pulley, single groove water pump pulley, and possibly a non-AC water pump if the OE one is still on the car

nvrbdn

thanks for the info. I have a couple other engines with the accessories in the garage. So I will check to see what I have out there. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

for a non-AC car, the water pump pullet will be single groove and will be about the same size as the crank pulley....