News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vinyl top

Started by richard parker, October 01, 2015, 10:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard parker

hey guys i recently bought a 68 charger its silver with a black vinyl top the paint is really old and faded but i love the look of it because it almost looks like bare metal. however i dont like the vinyl top and i know its a rust trap. the car is virtually rust free and im wondering what the car looks like under the vinyl so im going to take it off fingers crossed that its silver and looks half decent . whats the best way to remove the moldings and then the top ? thanks

Dino

The factory did not paint the roof in body color when the vinyl top was ordered nor did they finish the seam between quarter and roof panel so be prepard to find some sort of putty there.  You're looking at doing quite a bit of body work here.  The C pillar trim is not present on non vinyl top cars so you'd have to weld up the holes as well although some just put the trim back.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

B5 Charger

More info and pictures of your car.  When I was a kid my dad had a silver 68 that was white with a white top.  The top started looking shabby so he painted it black.  I would keep the top myself.  I think they look better with the top than without... :Twocents: