News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone good with car audio?

Started by 440, September 19, 2015, 09:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I can't decide between the Pioneer D series speakers or A series speakers and wondering if anyone has any experience with either. I was dead set on the D series but they have mixed reviews, mostly good though. The A series speakers are also highly rated but some say they are cheap in quality.

I've heard the A series on two different sound boards and wasn't impressed (too tinny), whether they weren't powered properly or not I don't know.

The D series are only 2 way speakers while the A series come in 3 and 4 way speakers. The "smaller" sized A series require more power which is actually a good thing in my case. 6.5" D series will be a stretch to fit (smallest D series @ 60 watts nominal)

My current set up is
Pioneer 760 watt 4ch amp for cabin speakers (60watt RMS per channel)
Pioneer 900 watt 2ch amp for sub (450watt bridged RMS)
Pioneer 1300 watt 12" Bass Reflex Sub (350watt nominal)

I should add that I rarely listen to music with the volume knob cranked and I don't listen to rap music, but pretty much listen to everything else.