News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Man Messed Up on Drugs Tried to Rip Apart a Local McDonald's, Then Gets Pummele

Started by Paul G, September 10, 2015, 09:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Dino

You can do some crazy stuff when on PCP.   :yesnod:

Our mins and bodies are capable of things you wouldn't believe when you saw it, but convincing ones mind that you can do these things is an entirely different ball game.

I had to laugh when I saw the picture of the fat guy enjoying his burger while all this was going down.  The man has priorities.   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

el dub

that guy must have had a gun on him that I didn't see. I think those cops are going to be laughed at hard.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Lennard

Quote from: el dub on September 10, 2015, 11:07:51 PM
that guy must have had a gun on him that I didn't see. I think those cops are going to be laughed at hard.
Yeah, that was a joke performance!  He should have put his gloves on right away and go Mike Tyson on him.

XH29N0G

Quote from: Dino on September 10, 2015, 09:49:59 PM
You can do some crazy stuff when on PCP.   :yesnod:

Our mins and bodies are capable of things you wouldn't believe when you saw it, but convincing ones mind that you can do these things is an entirely different ball game.

I had to laugh when I saw the picture of the fat guy enjoying his burger while all this was going down.  The man has priorities.   :lol:

I think the issue was concern about pcp.  People do not normally respond to mace, stun gun etc... that way.  If one does not have pain there is alot that can be done beyond what is considered 'normal' Looks to me like they did what they had to do while keeping people (and him) generally safe.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Man-Tased-Pepper-Sprayed-on-Video-in-Maryland-McDonalds-325542401.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments/2o6f8t/pcp_and_methamphetamines_super_human_strength/
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

el dub

If that was in my town, that midget would have been on the ground one second after the cop said get on the ground.  They would have jumped him and thrown him on the ground.
looks like the story was in Maryland, Baltimore country, where the cops are now afraid to do anything anymore. I liked the part where the black girl is yelling in the background, "you cant do that, you cant do that."
Cops don't sit around and make determinations about whether some guy is on drugs or whatever. They don't spend five to ten minutes taking down a midget while everyone is filming them.They take care of business, or at least they used to. 

Lennard

Drugs or no drugs...a right hook to the jaw or temple makes anybody go to sleep.

472 R/T SE

Is that like a prerequisite to work on that force, bald, middle aged, white dude's?

1:27 Does the original arresting officer think he's Bruce Lee?  :D

RallyeMike

The reality is that most of us would piss our pants if we even had the balls to deal with this freak. They did a good job. Just enough force to get him under control.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

303 Mopar

Quote from: RallyeMike on September 14, 2015, 02:40:24 PM
The reality is that most of us would piss our pants if we even had the balls to deal with this freak. They did a good job. Just enough force to get him under control.

:iagree:  My dad was a cop for 33 years and I went on plenty of ride-a-longs with him.  Anyone not on a serious dose of PCP type narcotic would drop like a rock on the first taser shock. The fact that it had no effect after multiple shocks, and then the mace spray and he just wiped it off like no big deal, THEN took a 2nd taser gun to finally bring him down shows how high the dose was of PCP the guys was on.  The reason the cops were very hesitate to engage directly with this guy is they easily could have been killed by one blow from this guy, or an arm ripped off. 

Anyone who thinks the cops "performance was a joke" or "are going to get laughed at hard" or should have just tried to punch the guy out, I invite you to volunteer and sign up for a ride-a-long with your nearest big city police department and get a different perspective. 
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

ws23rt

Quote from: 303 Mopar on September 14, 2015, 05:51:26 PM
Quote from: RallyeMike on September 14, 2015, 02:40:24 PM

:iagree:  My dad was a cop for 33 years and I went on plenty of ride-a-longs with him.  Anyone not on a serious dose of PCP type narcotic would drop like a rock on the first taser shock. The fact that it had no effect after multiple shocks, and then the mace spray and he just wiped it off like no big deal, THEN took a 2nd taser gun to finally bring him down shows how high the dose was of PCP the guys was on.  The reason the cops were very hesitate to engage directly with this guy is they easily could have been killed by one blow from this guy, or an arm ripped off.  

Anyone who thinks the cops "performance was a joke" or "are going to get laughed at hard" or should have just tried to punch the guy out, I invite you to volunteer and sign up for a ride-a-long with your nearest big city police department and get a different perspective.  

I agree. :cheers:  The cops in this real world are real people like us.  The movies have planted stuff in our heads that are the fantasies of the writers and producers of entertainment.
I personally am impressed with how that played out. Cheers for the cops keeping ---everyone--- involved from getting seriously hurt.

RallyeMike

QuoteThe reason the cops were very hesitate to engage directly with this guy is they easily could have been killed by one blow from this guy, or an arm ripped off. 

The cops in big cities have to deal with physical threats all the time. It only takes one event to have a career ending injury.

I have never figured out why some people think that the cops should jump in swinging, or way worse - lower their offenses to engage in a "fair fight".  They aren't our bought and paid for gladiators - It's just a job (a tough one) and they should have the best chance to go home safe and uninjured at the end of the day just like the rest of us.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

wingcar

I asked a follow co-worker who had been a police officer about the issue of force and how much, when and where it can be used.  As he said, there have always been rules that cops have had to deal with when it comes to handling any situation and a suspect.  He talked a lot about prodigal and how if you didn't follow the set prodigal and got injured on the job, you could find yourself without medical coverage for any injuries. 
It's amazing to me that anyone would want to be a cop now days.  The long hours, disrespect they get, the rules and regulations they must follow that in many ways tie their hands, and of course the constant dangers that could very well prevent you from returning home in one piece....or forever.  They are the thin line between a civil society and social mayhem. 
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

el dub

I stick by what I said. The cops were a joke, they are a joke. Look at one minute twenty two seconds. One officer jumps the guy from behind, ( what he's trained to do ) and look at the help he got from his partner at that time. The guy was a straight up chicken shit in my eyes. What kind of chicken crap kick was that supposed to be/do. I would have got me a new partner after that. He WAS supposed to jump on and help his partner finish taking him to the ground. Instead another five minutes of people watching this joke play out. What did the chief have to say. "I commend the officers for exercising extreme restraint."  Extreme restraint will get someone killed one day.
   Those cops are lucky that the guy didnt pull a knife and start stabbing people. You would have heard a whole new story then. One that started with, "why did it take seven minutes for two large cops to take down a midget?"
      This comment, ''The reality is that most of us would piss our pants if we even had the balls to deal with this freak. They did a good job. Just enough force to get him under control. " 
     Are you talking about the three guys on the train in France?  They were a representative of normal people who wont stand by when something needs doing.
     Also, they did not have that guy under any kind of control at all. He would be under control if they took him to the ground. Which is what the police are trained to do. Take control. My brother in law was head of the SWAT team in Fresno so I kind of know how the police operate. After he retired, his son, my nephew, also a police officer, was indicted by the feds on a civil rights violation for using to much force on a scumbag wife beater. He and three other officers finally beat it in federal court with a hung jury. Then the feds tried again with another trial. And he was found not guilty. And even more funny, during the trial, the victim, fled back to Mexico and wasn't even in court. They couldn't even find him and yet the trial went on. So I have a hard spot with most cops. They are a paramilitary organization and don't hang around with civilians. So you had better not trust any of them. And if you are involved in some kind of crime against yourself you had better have a witness or someone with a recorder recording what is said or you will find out that police reports may not reflect what actually was said. And you will pay for that

RallyeMike

Cops are trained to assess the situation and use only necessary force. The guy was contained and under control. Had the situation escalated with a weapon or other threat, the cops would have done the same as they are trained and expected to do. But Rambo, since you know a cop, and have certainly watched lots of movies, I yield to your superior expertise in police tactics and training.

:police:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Paul G

Watch near the end when the cops try to get his arms behind his back to cuff him. They could hardly move his arms. It almost looked like his arm would break before he let them put it behind his back. I think there is a lot more than we know going on there.

I think the cops did the right thing. The dude was eventually contained with minimul property damage and little harm to him. And thank god no harm to the cops. That dude could have broken someones jaw, and his own hand with one swing.

The dude wouldnt go down, the cop bounced off of him when he tried to jump him from behind. He wouldnt succome to the tazer or the pepper spray. Sure the cops could have just used extreme force and broken his bones. Then what? Be up on charges of brutality?
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.

el dub

Are you watching the same video? at one minute twenty two seconds a second officer took him to the ground. The ground. Watch his partner, who is supposed to help him. What am I missing? Watch the partner! He is supposed to have his back.

I don't watch the boob tube but you can bet those guys will be on it. In a police training video. Rambo, ha ha, try normal. Matter of fact I'm going to friends house tonight to watch Trump do his thing. You all know whats up tonight on the boob tube right.

Paul G

Trump was in Texas last night, and live on Fox Bussiness. The big show is tomorrow night. 

el dub

303 Mopar

Quote from: el dub on September 15, 2015, 10:56:03 AM
They are a paramilitary organization and don't hang around with civilians. So you had better not trust any of them. And if you are involved in some kind of crime against yourself you had better have a witness or someone with a recorder recording what is said or you will find out that police reports may not reflect what actually was said. And you will pay for that

Your brother-in-law and nephew must proud of you with comments like this..... :RantExplode:
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Paul G

Mike DC

I agree that the LEO who tackled the guy by the door should have been backed up.  It might have ended there.  

But in the big picture I think the LEOs did a good job.  

That guy was absolutely glazed.  Tasers, sprays, whacks with the stick . . . he was barely even reacting to any of it.  That's not normal no matter how strong/tough a person is.   Tough people feel the pain and grit their teeth through it.  This guy wasn't gritting through the pain, he was barely feeling it.  The story says he later admitted to PCP.  They got him down with minimal drama & injury on all sides, all things considered.