News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My '67 440 Engine Rebuild. Need Lots of Help!!

Started by forsy1979, September 07, 2015, 07:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forsy1979

Hello!
So I am in the process of researching how i want to rebuild my 1967 440 engine.  Its a date code correct engine since it was an early build (dec 67).  It has the 915 close chambered heads.  I want to keep the engine as stock, I think, as possible.  It came with a Weiand 7500 intake and carter carburator.  I want to maintain as much value as I can out of the engine and car, but also use this car as a driver/street machine to enjoy.  Is this intake good?  Im going most all of the 68 Charger RT car i have, back to stock.  I have the correct HP exhaust manifolds as well and in good shape it appears- 2843992-2 and 2806900. 
Any recommendations?   Is the Edlebrock RPM kit good?   Edelbrock carb?   How big should that carburator be?   I dont know much about engines, but dont want to jack around with this engine too much other than maybe a slight upgrade.  Would a cam shaft be a good idea or no?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

clint

white

Hi Clint,

I have a edllebrock 750 cfm that works great, fired up first time I installed it , slight adjustment and has been on car since 1992 untouched! Hope this helps you out for carb choice, engine is stock rebuild that runs on unleaded.

forsy1979

Thanks White,

It does help.  I guess a better and clearer question is.. what specific parts would come on this stock rebuild?   or a resource for finding stock parts for that particular engine (I like the idea of the edelbrock carb though)