News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Easy way to change photos for posting without messing with the originals.

Started by Arnie Cunningham, August 29, 2015, 07:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnie Cunningham

Hey All,

Getting photos small enough in file size to post can be an issue.  Sometimes when you alter your originals they can accidentally be saved in the lower resolution over your originals.  Here is something that may be of use.

"Snipping Tool" comes bundled with almost every version of MS Windows.  It is basically a selective screen shot saver.

Type snipping tool in the search box.  Right click on it when it shows up and pin it to your task bar at the bottom of the screen - that way you won't have to search for it every time you want to use it.

Now open any photo that you would like to post in whatever photo viewing software you use.  When it comes up on the screen, click on the snipping tool icon.  Now you can click and drag a box over the part of the photo/screen you would like to save.  Save it with a new name.  The reason this results in a much smaller size file is because the file size is based on the resolution of your screen, not the file itself.  If you go check your pictures you will often find that the file is less than the 200KB limit.

I have included a snipped photo of a winged road runner in the hopes that makes this post applicable to this page lol.

Brennan
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Q5XX29

Thanks for the tip- I will give that a try next time I post a pic!
dakota_gt on Instagram

69 DAYTONA

...my photo editing program copies the edited pix, leaving the original in tact

500Jon

IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!