News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hmmmm - should I restore it or not? (trouble maker)

Started by rainbow4jd, August 25, 2015, 03:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbow4jd

;)
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/25/asia/boy-trips-punches-hole-in-painting/index.html

I just got a hole torn in the seats of my 1.5 million dollar Leonardo Di Vinci edition 1971 Dodge Daytona Superbird (Yes, it was a one off combination of both wing cars that Chrysler built for the janitor of the President of the Company).   

So here's the question...

Do I patch the seats and still call it an "original unrestored"?
Do I leave the splits there and just consider them age marks and call it an "original unrestored barn find"?
If I patch it up and clean off the grime and make them look as good or better than new is it "restored"?
If its too bad to patch and I just have my local artist repaint that section and stick it all in a new frame is it "rebodied'?

Just trying to figure out what to do so I don't tick anyone off!

:lolexplode:

62 Max

I have a set of front bucket seat covers in good condition if you want them,just pay the shipping,don't tell anybody and you're back in business !!!!!!!!!! :lol:

500Jon

This is the problem with the modern era!
Make the lad pay for the resto or two days and nights in the STOCKS! :icon_smile_blackeye:

Deffo never let him near a Mopar CAR SHOW!!! :slap: :slap: :slap:

That reminds me...
A so called friend came over to fix his diff, for his Charger.
He was a loonytick, tried to undo the yoke nut, with the diff held in the vice,,, next to my C500.
The diff fell outta the vice, which he managed to catch, but...
He fell onto the rear Quarter of my C500, diff in hands, and caved it in. :faint:
The damage was so bad, I had to replace the whole Quarter-skin.
What did he say about the matter... Jack all.

No longer a friend, NOW top of my HIT-LIST... :2guns: :2guns: :2guns:

WHO NEEDS ENEMIES, WHEN YOU HAVE EX-FRIENDS LIKE THAT??? :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!