News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hydraulic lifters

Started by justcruisin, August 24, 2015, 03:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justcruisin

Been working on the transmition, the car has been out of action for three months, got it together over the weekend and fired it up, after a bit of running I noticed a bit of noise coming from the valve train, pulled it down and found one push rod had been sitting on the edge of the adjuster and worn a grove in the end of it. It would seem the lifter has bled down and allowed the push rod to drop out of the adjuster cup on fire up. I am using the standard Hylift Johnsons with the narrow band, PRW stainless rockers in a 1.5 on eddy heads with the eddy springs and .525 lift cam. Preload was set at 3/4 of a turn.

Never had this problem before but the car has never sat that long either.

My question is - do the anti pump lifters have less travel or is there an alternative that I could consider without going to a solid or priming it, my concern is that the bled down time could get shorter.

What would be the issues with using a longer push rod to limit lifter plunger travel.