News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mold and mildew really suck.

Started by 440, August 21, 2015, 07:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I left a car outside uncovered with a leaky windscreen over the winter and upon getting it going again discovered mold and mildew over everything. It has been a really damp winter so nothing has had the time to dry out. Luckily I got to it in time before the interior was totally shot.

Unfortunately I made a lot more work for myself as 75% of the interior has to come out and be scrubbed, at least a weeks worth of work. So far I'm about half way through cleaning it. I've still got door panels, carpet, seatbelts, plastic trim to clean.

What a pain scrubbing everything with mold killer, carpet cleaner and other assorted chemicals. It comes off the hard surfaces easily enough but the soft seat inserts were a real pain in the ass !

:brickwall: :brickwall:  :RantExplode: :RantExplode:

stripedelete

Quote from: 440 on August 21, 2015, 07:45:44 AM
I left a car outside uncovered with a leaky windscreen over the winter and upon getting it going again discovered mold and mildew over everything. It has been a really damp winter so nothing has had the time to dry out. Luckily I got to it in time before the interior was totally shot.

Unfortunately I made a lot more work for myself as 75% of the interior has to come out and be scrubbed, at least a weeks worth of work. So far I'm about half way through cleaning it. I've still got door panels, carpet, seatbelts, plastic trim to clean.

What a pain scrubbing everything with mold killer, carpet cleaner and other assorted chemicals. It comes off the hard surfaces easily enough but the soft seat inserts were a real pain in the ass !

:brickwall: :brickwall:  :RantExplode: :RantExplode:

Try "Scrubbing Bubbles" with a soft brush in a small spot.   It works great on leather.  You'll need to follow it with some conditioner.