News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3 point retractable seat belts

Started by Dino, July 17, 2015, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

It's about time to get this little project going.  I drive the car way too much to rely on lap belts and the stock shoulder belt is ripped.  Not that it matters as I really don't like them.  I'm also not mounting the belt at the roof, I'm doing my own thing, but if anyone has installed aftermarket belts I'd like to know what they used between the seat and console.  I thought about using the original style buckles but it doesn't seem all that practical.  Maybe I should go with the push button style.  Also, would the cable end or sash with sleeve work best.  Anyone done this on a 2nd gen?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

I took the back half of the interior out and it made it a bit more straightforward.  I'm still uncecided on the buckle though.  Did the stock lift latches on 2nd gens all have the top of the latch textured and colored?

I'm almost tempted to get the top push button buckles for convenience, but I don't think the orange button would look at home in this car.  The next option would be the metal buckle with metal button on the side with a starburst pattern. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.