News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Console trim clips

Started by john108, July 12, 2015, 04:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

I disassembled my 1968 Charger console, removing everything attached to the shell.
It appears that I lost 2 clips that hold the side chrome trim on.
After removing everything I washed it with soap and water, alcohol, and then painted with SEM.
My photos show that I had all the clips.  After hose washing off the soap, I went to bag everything.
2 Clips were missing.  I could have washed them where they can't be found.

QUESTION:  DOES ANYONE HAVE 2 OF THOSE CLIPS THEY DON'T NEED?

DeltaV

Bummer. Two suggestions:
(1) get yourself a strong magnet. An AlNiCo should work great. Try Edmund's Scientific.
AND
(2) Try Mr. G's in Fort Worth, Texas for the clips.
https://mrgusa.com
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

VegasCharger

Quote from: john108 on July 12, 2015, 04:07:59 PM
I disassembled my 1968 Charger console, removing everything attached to the shell.
It appears that I lost 2 clips that hold the side chrome trim on.
After removing everything I washed it with soap and water, alcohol, and then painted with SEM.
My photos show that I had all the clips.  After hose washing off the soap, I went to bag everything.
2 Clips were missing.  I could have washed them where they can't be found.

QUESTION:  DOES ANYONE HAVE 2 OF THOSE CLIPS THEY DON'T NEED?

I have these. Do you have one of your clips that you could measure? If you need the one to the far right in my pic I only have one.

:cheers:

john108

VegasCharger

Quote from: john108 on July 16, 2015, 03:00:10 PM

Okay thanks. If the overall length is 1.1 inch then neither of these are correct. The closest ones (red circle) measure 15/16" in length and just a hair over 1/2" in diameter.

It was worth a shot.

EDIT: I measured the diameter instead of the depth. Conversion of .484 to fraction is roughly 31/64" just very slightly under a 1/2" in which all 5 of mine measure when it comes to the depth. So maybe the red circled ones would work even though they are slighty shorter than 1.1" in length :shruggy:

john108

Length doesn't matter.
It just has to squeeze into the channel in the chrome trim (or made to squeeze in).
The .484 is the smaller dimension of the base.  The other dimension also doesn't matter.

Dino

Yep those would work.  Alternatively you can take the trim to an autobody shop.  There are a few dozen designs that would work for this.  It won't be original, but we won't tell anone.   ;)
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Moparparts

I should have those original molding clips PM or E-Mail me if you still need them.