News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Compression numbers, what does this tell you?

Started by Dino, July 09, 2015, 09:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I should really read up on this stuff before I post.   :slap:

Both heads seem to flow pretty much the same with the 346 heads having hardened seats, so that's what I should have and keep.

Move along, nothing to see here.    :coolgleamA:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

WHITE AND RED 69

You can still mill the current heads down a bit, not sure what the cost involved is by doing it but it's always an option. In another thread by Challenger340 he talked about milling the heads down to 78-76cc on an 8.5:1 motor and it would bring it up to 9.4:1, but this also requires the intake to be matched and new length pushrods.

But with all this work you might be right at aluminum head price at this point? Tough choice...

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Dino

I just read that post.  There's a machine shop not too far from here so it won't hurt to ask.  I'm thinking of putting the '71 only intake manifold back on.  It's heavier than the Edelbrock performer that's on there now, but it's supposedly a better flowing manifold.  It looks good but has some flash rust on the inside so I was going to ask the shop to hot tank it anyway.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.